Fourteen: Hallucinations

Hiccup couldn't get his mind from racing, he didn't understand why he felt so on edge for the first time... Not even when he was fighting with Viggo that things got this bad in his head.... He didn't understand what was going on?

"Hey bud... Wanna go take a flight?" Surely, they wouldn't get in trouble for flying around. Toothless needed to stretch his wings and Hiccup needed to clear his mind to figure out what to do next... Toothless lifted his head at hearing his rider, immediately bounding over with wiggling his back. "Yea, yea, let's go buddy."

Dragons were watching him closely, seeming to be glaring at the way he walked around the oasis. The alpha let out low sound, allowing them safe passage to do what they wanted. He didn't sense anything malicious from Toothless and Hiccup. All the dragons watched the brunette and his night fury leave through the open roof.

The warm air filled his lungs, making him take a deep breath as Toothless excited flew into the clouds. Wings spread out as they broke through the clouds, sunlight highlighting the black scales before the night fury let them both fall back to the ocean below.

Wings snapped out, air catching under the wings as Toothless flipped his body to sail over the waves. There was a boat in the ocean, watching the way the night fury was flying around. Frustrated shots came from the dragon, shooting trees as targets.

Toothless' mind was also racing, just like his rider's. He didn't know what to do about the situation with Silver and Thor. To see them as mates... He hated it! He hasn't seen another night fury in years and now he has, she's mated to a skrill!

"What do I do bud? I've got to get her back to Berk..." Hiccup said as they were sitting on a beach, leaning back. Toothless was annoyingly pawing at the sand, wings snapping harshly. There were footsteps walking up behind the dragon rider, the brunette none to the wiser.

Toothless noticed too late, suddenly growling lowly while jumping back. Hiccup looked back in confusion before his eyes widened. "Drago..."

"Hello, dragon master."

"What...? I thought you were dead." Hiccup said while he was grabbing his fire sword, beginning to get up. Drago shook his head lightly. "I'm no threat to you today dragon master."

"Then what are you doing here?"

"You seem upset with something."

"Oh now you care about my well being? After you tried to destroy my home and take away my best friend?" Hiccup responded, on guard. Drago hummed, looking out at the ocean. He didn't trust Drago, not wanting to let his guard down with his old enemy sitting there. "What seems to be on your mind?"

"I'm not talking to you. I should leave." Hiccup started to get up, Toothless growling lowly at Drago. Drago hummed, not even watching him go. "Seems like you're being forgotten, is someone close to you not wanting anything with you? I know that feeling."

"I'm sure you do."

"I do." Drago glanced at him, Hiccup paused before turning back to glance at him. "My wife, she left me years ago. She was the love of my life and I never moved on for her. So tell me Hiccup, who is this person to you?"

"Her name is Kari... or Reaper, whatever she calls herself now..." Hiccup finally broke. Before... He wanted to work with Drago, before his father died, this is what he wanted. To sit down and talk with Drago. Now he finally could... Or maybe this was a hallucination... He didn't think Drago could actually survive their battle...

"Kari? How lovely of a name. What about her?"

"I've known her since we were children. She's my first love... I never thought of life without her. But six years ago, I thought she died. But she's really alive and now she wants nothing to do with me." Hiccup admitted, feeling like he was going crazy. Talking to an old enemy... "I must be going crazy if you're the only one that my mind can create..."