Nine: Intruder

"Hiccup! Are you sure we need to be heading out this way? There's nothing out here!" Astrid called out, her hands tightening on the saddle while she looked around the area. It was getting hot, which was taking the Vikings off guard. Of course Hiccup warned them about the weather change so they were wearing warmer clothes, but it was still uncomfortable for them.

"Yea! We just need to keep moving." Hiccup yelled back, staring ahead. He knew it should be about here, this is where he saw Kari. His hands kept nervously picking at his saddle. Knowing that soon, just soon, he would see Kari again. That was enough for him...

Snoutlout suddenly yelled in pain, the rest looking over quickly to see an arrow in his leg. There was a glowing algae running down his pant leg, making the others confused. Ruffnut pointed at the arrow. "Uh... Is there a reason your blood is glowing Snoutlout?"

He went to respond when there was a shot that suddenly hit his body; knocking him forward. But before he could yell at what was happening; his body seemed to freeze. No matter how hard he tried to move, he just couldn't get his body to respond. But a Barklehorn snatched Snoutlout off of Hookfang's back; diving and disappearing from the group's sight. The monstrous nightmare roared at seeing his rider disappear, diving after the pair. An arrow following after the monstrous nightmare. "GUYS! It's a flightmare!"

Astrid yelled out, Stormfly turning to shoot at the dragon that froze Snoutlout. Another blast hit the deadly nadder in the chest; knocking her back and freezing her in mid fall. Astrid screaming as she went falling. Hiccup yelled in concern, but the sword stealer was already catching the falling blonde. "Hiccup! I don't think that's a flightmare!"

Fishlegs suddenly called out, getting hitting in the back shortly after. Hiccup turned his head sharply at hearing that; pulling at Toothless saddle to pull him back and barely dodging the blast. Tuffnut unfortunately got the blast to the head; getting paralyzed. "Whoa! Hey! No one freezes my brother expect me!"

The dreadstrider turned his head, shooting the other twin just as quick. Green eyes narrowed from the crouched spot, raising her lips and letting out a call from her clasped hands. Hiccup turned his head at hearing the call as the dreadstrider banked around the group while a rumblehorn was holding Stormfly from falling.

The sword stealer flew past the crouched redhead, disappearing into a tunnel. Reaper gave out another coo like sound; the rumbehorn following after. Hiccup grinned immediately at seeing the familiar redhead. She was here, in front of him. Hiccup couldn't be more happier.

Reaper looked up at the brunette, green eyes connecting before she pointed two fingers at him. There was a roar, Toothless flipping quickly. Taking the shot for Hiccup; freezing and Hiccup yelling as they both went falling.

"It's them." Thor snarled, diving from the perch he was watching from. Claws locked with Toothless, the night fury wanted to roar in pain from claws accidentally cutting him when he was caught. From the way that Thor roughly caught them, it was still enough to send Hiccup off of the saddle and flipping through the air. Reaper nodded.

The bitter galeslash snatched Hiccup from falling; throwing him back up and catching him again. Reaper stood up, whistling and pointing to the last two dragons being able to fly. "Last two shots; take 'em down Jeger."

Reaper called out, Hiccup relishing in the sound of her voice. Jeger nodded, roaring at the order and shooting the gronckle before shooting the zippleback. Rumblehorns waiting and catching them when they could no longer fly. "Kari..."

She stood up from where she was crouched, turning and climbing onto Silver. The pair jumping back into the darkness of the caverns. Hiccup tried to scream for her to wait; he couldn't see her disappear again. But he didn't get the opportunity to scream as the dragon holding him dove into the caverns below.