7. Meeting at Jubilife Village

You eventually reach the outskirts of Jubilife Village, and must admit that you are truly impressed with the infrastructure.

Of course, it is far from being a city, but after spending so much time in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by wet lands, Sootfoot Roots and mist, you rejoice at this vision.

"Time to alight.", Adaman orders. "You too, (Name). Not only riding a Pokémon isn't a common sight, moreover, some people are very afraid of them."

You accept and dismount Rhyhorn. At first, he looks a little sad having to wait for you outside, but eventually acknowledges the fact that he has no choice and lies down on the grass.

"Thank you kindly, noble Wyrdeer, for taking me all the way to our destination. You may return to the Obsidian Fieldlands and guard our ancestral land, with all our gratitude. Please, send my regards to Warden Mai.", says Adaman who bows before the steed, imitated by Leafeon.

The Noble Pokémon imperceptibly tilts his head. He gives your group one last look and gallops away. His mysterious poise sends shivers down your spine.

You all move closer to the entrance. A guard dressed in orange and wearing a straw hat, accompanied by his partner Mr. Mime, lets you in through the gigantic, wooden gate.

You let out an exclamation of surprise.

Dwellings! Shops! A canteen and a restaurant! Bridges! Torches! An actual modern edifice with chimneys and sculptures! You check out every single construction you pass by, your eyes shining with excitement.

"(Name)! You're about to break your own jaw, gaping like that! I reckon it's quite astounding, but you're almost making me feel bad to have you live in a hut!"

"I couldn't help it!", you force yourself to keep your mouth shut.

"I'm pulling your leg! Luckily, you fell near my village. I wouldn't have given you much of a chance, shall you have landed in the Pearl Clan!"

"What do you mean?"

"Their place is the worst!"

"Would you care to explain?"

"Too chill and cool for my standards."

You highly doubt that the terms chill and cool hold the same meaning for the both of you.

"Speaking of the Froslass."

A young woman stands in front of what you assume is the Galaxy Team's building, dressed in a singular attire, with a Glaceon sitting by her side.

You notice her icy stare on Adaman, while Glaceon starts showing interest as soon as he sees his fellow Pokémon approaching.

"How unusual of the worshipper of the Lord of time! You kept me waiting, Adaman.", she bluntly announces, but not without a hint of pride in her voice.

He rolls his eyes.

"Good morning to you too, Irida. It's fascinating that you made it on time, for once. But if you'll be so kind, I'm late because I carried additional baggage."