5. The Road to Recovery

Afterwards, you have spent several days at the Diamond Settlement to rest and heal.

Not only from your bodily injuries, but also from the emotional pain of having been thrown into another world without your precious allies.

That realisation has been haunting you since.

You have lost them.

They are lost somewhere, out there.

You have been crying your heart out since inspecting the deserted area near Lake Valor.

The only way Adaman has found to lenify your suffering is having Leafeon stay by your side until you fall asleep. Tulsi has also been providing you with some powerful sleep-inducing plant-based beverages to knock you out each night.

This combination truly was the most efficient because you were finally able to have a peaceful, dreamless sleep.

Though, this remedy leaves a funny taste on your tongue and a pasty mouth when you wake up in the morning

When you remember where you are.

And sadness overwhelms you once again.

Your eyes have dried out since.

"Good morning, sweetheart.", Tulsi announces, entering your abode. "Did you sleep well?"

She gently strokes your hair and helps you sit. You obediently let her remove your soiled bandages and wrap new ones.

You know this is for your own good.

"Ah, these wounds look much better now. You've done well, dear! Now, you need to keep eating to regain your strength."

Your bruises may look better, but the void inside you will never mend, you repeat interiorly.

The elderly lady is now used to your silence and respects your choice.

You have been shutting yourself off.

Speaking has become so hard.

Adaman too has attempted a few times to comfort you in his own way, but somehow, his words have made you feel even more homesick.

Nevertheless, he is not to blame.

No one is.

He may be tactless, but he is right.

"(Name), as you've probably understood already, we've got no way to send you back to your own world. But rest assured that you're not alone in Hisui, and you're welcome to stay and live with my clan. We'll help you settle in, and if you're up for it, we can even get you to work for us. You've got some potential that I'd hate to see you let go to waste. But first off, you need to get well as soon as possible!"

At this point, you recall him standing up and striding to the door, followed by Leafeon.

Before exiting, he told you with a warm smile:

"Take your time to make yourself at home!"

Somehow, at that moment, it felt like Adaman had left a door open.

You could see the light entering in your cold, dark room.

And despite the unbearable thought of having lost all together your Pokémon and the man you loved

There was light.

You are tired of feeling hopeless.

"All right, dear. Everything's in kilter. I'll be back in a few hours to check on you.", Tulsi informs you without conviction.