18. Rains in the Tundra

"Let us stop for now! It was a good training! Bravo!", Ingo compliments.

Perched on Probopass' head, Sneasel seems more interested in having fun than in training. Lady Sneasler laughs playfully at this sight.

"Thank you! I must say, it's been a while since I've last trained a new Pokémon. It takes me back to my younger days as a Pokémon Trainer!"

"What are you saying, (Name)? You're still young."

"Younger than now, mind you!", you grin.

"I could tell that you already have practice. You and Miss Akari's have a similar level... You used to be strong wielders."

"I wasn't too bad, I guess.", you humbly acknowledge. "You and Emmet once told me that I was one of the strongest Trainers you'd met in your life. I felt very proud of it because I looked up to you."

"I must have held you in high regard. It isn't a surprise, at least to me. I wonder if I am as strong now as I used to be."

"Most probably! Once Sneasel and I will have gained more experience, we could have a serious battle. How does that sound? I think it would be too difficult to win unless my partner and I are in total sync."

"I can't wait! Were we often Pokémon battling? How was it?"

"Fun and instructive. Your team was harder to beat, so it made victory tastes even sweeter. Winning against you for the first time felt like a milestone in my life!"

"What happened after I was defeated?"

"I was honestly... stunned. You and Emmet were as baffled as I was. Then, you began congratulating me and shouting really, really loud in the car... From that moment on, you called me by my first name only. I read once that one may know how to gain a victory, but know not how to use it. So, to me, the fact that this brought us closer, it felt like the real reward..."

Ingo's eyes twinkle. He places a hand on his forehead, lost in thoughts.

"Yes... I believe that I have just remembered cheering for you, because I, too, was pleasantly surprised. I was... glad. Glad of having encountered a strong opponent... Having met my match."

A blush creeps up on his cheeks.

"When you and Sneasel will be ready, I will exert every possible effort to battle with you!", he asserts with an enthusiastic tone, making you smile.

After recalling his Pokémon, Ingo invites you to pursue your journey through the Hisuian tundra, leaving behind the Alabaster white peaks and their snow lines.

The temperature gradually increases, and you even have to remove a layer of clothes, as you are too hot in your winter coat.

There is more and more typical greenery of such area. Some Pokémon are observing you from the nearby bushes or hidden behind rock formations, like Burmy and Wormadam, or Onyx and Bonsly.

"Look at that those Gravalanch, over there! Seems like they're racing!"

You point at the Pokémon happily rolling in the distance. A herd of Stanler and a couple of Wyrdeer are also running and hopping next to them.

You look up and notice the arrival of grey clouds from afar, over the mountains. Imitating you, Lady Sneasler squeaks to attract Ingo's attention and points at the sky.

He frowns.

"(Name), I apologise in advance for rushing you, but we should hurry. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the weather will likely worsen. It's critical that we reach the base of the Coronet Highlands before the rain catches up to us. It can be very dangerous, especially in the tundra, where even a light rain shower could freeze us to the bone."