10. The Frozen World

You were careless

Wearing your heart on your sleeve

Like that

Making a fool of yourself

Like you did

You feel so lonely now.

Adaman will surely never let you go back to the Diamond Settlement.

You will not see Tulsi any more

Nor Ingo, who has forgotten about you anyway.

All of you.

If you cannot be together, then you would rather be left alone and find a way home on your own.

You are so lonely

Lost in that ice world.

Again, you have been careless.

When Irida told you to not go and wander in the wastelands, you disobeyed and walked straight into danger.

Now, you are unsure if that was out of sorrow or spite. A death wish, perhaps.

You were hurt and just wanted to be far away from Ingo and the others.

"I swear I'll find a way home. I'm going home, one way or another.", you repeat innerly, like a litany.

A few moments ago, you had arrived at the vicinity of a pond, where you had stumbled upon the biggest Gardevoir ever seen, quickly noticing its flaring eyes.

Your first instinct was to hide behind the nearest rock, praying it would not detect you.

All of a sudden, you heard the snarl of another Pokémon nearby, followed by the hair-raising shriek of Gardevoir. You assumed that they began fighting because the sounds they made were awful. Then, there was a loud thump, and everything fell silent.

Your heart was beating hard as you slowly and cautiously tried to make your escape.

"SNEEEEAS!"

The other Pokémon was still alive.

You peeked from behind your hiding spot and realised that it was a strange-looking Sneasel. Its colours were different from the one you knew in your world, and wondered if that variance was endemic to Hisui.

Although Sneasel was in a fighting stance, Gardevoir lifted it into the air with its powers and threw it against a pine tree like it was nothing.

At that moment, you could have simply got away and let nature take its course.

But instead, you decided to change the fate of that Sneasel.

You caught sight of a Sand Radish next to you and uprooted it before throwing it at Gardevoir in order to attract its attention.

"HEY!", you shouted as loud as possible, startling the two Pokémon.

Gardevoir immediately turned around and let out a blasting screech that made you fall to the ground, forcing you to cover your ears.

Then it came towards you, fast.

Panicking, you frantically searched in your satchel the Poké Balls that Adaman had offered you earlier.

You did not have time to aim properly at Gardevoir when it was already in front of you, and immediately threw the Poké Ball.

You needed to gain at least a few seconds.

"RUN AWAY, SNEASEL!", you yelled at the same time you were making a break for it.

The Poké Ball had hardly fallen down when it shattered in a thousand pieces.