22. Fond Memories

As planned, Ingo leaves the settlement early afternoon to talk to his fellow warden, Calaba.

He goes back the route you came from that same morning and crosses the Cloudpool Ridge to reach Brava Arena.

Following the stone torches and ornaments, he hears an exquisite melody and carefully climbs the stairs made of logs and clay.

He then catches sight of Bibarel joyfully tapping his tail on the ground and Lord Ursaluna clapping his big paws in rhythm with the sound of Calaba's flute, while Lady Liligant dances and hums heartily.

Ingo stands still, his arms crossed behind his back. He listens to the song until the end and humbly salutes the Noble Liligant, who elegantly bows at her audience. He then approaches Calaba and Ursaluna, who lets out a cheerful cry before giving Ingo a gentle poke.

"Good afternoon, Lord Ursaluna, I trust you are well."

The Pokémon grunts amicably and turns to Calaba, who seems to be busy tending to the leaves and petals of Lady Liligant.

"Good afternoon, Warden Calaba and Bibarel. How are you? It has been a while."

"Good afternoon Warden Ingo. I'm good, thank you. Long time no see, indeed. What took you ages?"

Seeing Ingo's stunned expression, she resumes in a dry tone:

"By the way, I saw you and that young person walking along the Brava Arena on the way to the Diamond Settlement, very early this morning."

"That is correct, I was accompanying them home, whereupon I spoke with Lord Adaman and had lunch. To be perfectly candid, until today, I did not know you were at Brava Arena. But it is logical that you stay here in Arezu's absence."

"How's the lass going?"

"Excellent! As cheerful and passionate as usual. Her business is thriving."

"Good on her. I'm glad she's doing something she enjoys thoroughly. Keep an eye on her, will you? Tell her that if the folks there are unkind to her, she can always come back. Lady Liligant misses her dearly."

"I will."

"Humpf."

He adjusts his hat and smiles softly.

"It's good to see you too, Warden Calaba."

Bibarel friendly squeaks, whereas Calaba's expression remains stern. She speaks up:

"Lady Liligant, you're becoming more beautiful and agile every day. Tomorrow, I'll play a faster tune to keep you entertained."

The Pokémon chirps and bounces with joy before making great acrobatic leaps to show the extent of her talent. Then, she retires further up the mountain, under the admiring eye of Ursaluna and Bibarel.

Calaba then picks up her basket full of plants and carries it on her back. The bear and the beaver too are ready to depart.

"Now then, Warden Ingo, walk with me. Let's chat."

"Of course, Warden Calaba."

Ingo silently walks next to Calaba, who is leading them to the Shrouded Ruins.

"I know what you're thinking, Warden Ingo. We're going towards Lake Valor because there's something I'd like to show you.", she explains.

They cross the forest and climb down several slopes before reaching a clearing near a river flowing from the lake.

"There.", she points with a serious face at the wide space in front of them and looks at Ingo, who is quiet. "That's where that young person was found by Akari and Adaman."