23. A Night on the Battle Subway

Today is Culture Night! This well-attended single event is taking place once a year and is one of the most popular self-led exploration of cultural spaces in the region, as most museums, parks, theatres, and other famous attractions are still open the whole evening until late at night.

And of course, Nimbasa City's Culture Night is quite an institution, with plenty of cultural offerings to showcase, from famous venues to less conventional guided tours and walks through the city. With such a massive array of choices, there is always something for everyone!

Between all the suggestions you have received from your colleagues, clients, friends, and even from your own Pokémon, you do not even know where to start!

You have made a substantial list, but ultimately, everyone has agreed that the Science Museum was well worth the visit, as it proposes activities of all kinds. You and your partners are never bored there.

You have always wondered how the museum would look like at night. How would it be to amble along the aquarium's tanks, saunter in the green house and in the gallery of prehistoric life-size Pokémon skeletons.

Although some of the people who you know will be present have offered to meet you there, you secretly wish you could go with Mister Ingo.

You are lost in your reverie, anticipating his reaction. You are confident that he would thoroughly enjoy the interactive section describing the mechanics and science of movement, where you can produce artificial steam and electricity... You blush at the idea of being alone with him, at the aquarium... Albeit, you immediately assume that this is completely unrealistic, as the place will most likely be crowded and noisy, like anywhere else tonight. And since Mister Ingo is a popular Pokémon Trainer in the city, people will probably want to talk to him.

You wonder if he would fancy the idea, but you want to keep your expectations low. After all, he is the Subway Boss Ingo, and you are Passenger (Name).

Although the Subway Bosses Ingo and Emmet both seem to appreciate everything entertaining and educational, you have the feeling that he would be easier to invite Emmet to join you for this sort of outing. You just feel so awkward around Ingo because you want him to find you likeable and interesting. But if you ask Emmet to go with you, it would be weird not to ask Ingo, and vice-versa... Furthermore, you presume that they must have their own circle of friends and separate hobbies outside their work, so there is literally no reason whatsoever they would accept to go somewhere with you, of all people...

Plus, what if Mister Ingo is already dating someone? He definitely seems to be the secretive type who does not mix his private and professional life.

Despite the fact that this news would not come as startling to you, it would still cause you a pang of sorrow. You realise that is how little you know about him...

Ruminating and wallowing in defeatist thoughts, you walk down to the train platform and board one of the cars. Your Pokémon attempt to cheer you up, convincing you that if you put your mind into it, you will have a lot of fun wherever you go.

After getting off at your station, you run into Mister Ingo and his Chandelure. Your cheeks turn bright pink at this unsuspected encounter. Could this be your chance?

"H-hello, Mister Ingo!"

"Good day, Passenger (Name)!", he cheerfully announces with sparkling eyes. "You are right on schedule!"

"Am I?"

"Indeed! There is a very pressing matter I must enquire you about!"

He looks so excited to see you that it makes your heart thump.