20. A Day of Rest

Walking along the cliff nearest the south-flowing river, you and Ingo let out a sigh of relief as soon as you catch sight of Brava Arena.

Passing the Diamond Heath, you and Sneasel break into a run under the curious gaze of the nearby wild Pokémon.

The singing brooks and the humming springs

The sloppy swamps and proudly erected tree ferns

The familiar scent of aromatic plants and damp soil.

And when you recognise, at last, the silver smoke coming out from the chimney of the dwellings, you turn around and wave at Ingo, encouraging him to speed up:

"Ingo! We made it!"

His tired expression softens when he sees you radiating with elation.

"That's fantastic, (Name)! I can't wait to have a day of rest, and a change of clothes."

"Likewise! I'm dying for a bath too..."

Sneasel points at his belly.

"Still hungry? You're worse than a Munchlax!", you mock.

You approach the guardsmen, who immediately identify you.

"Welcome back, (Name)! Tulsi's been looking for you those past days! We told her where you were, but she wouldn't hear any of it!"

"You should go and talk to her, she'll feel much better now that you're home!"

You beam.

"Thanks for the heads-up, Fenn and Mint! Warden Ingo here is accompanying me!"

"No problem, Adaman ordered we let him in as well."

"Ingo, I'll introduce you to Tulsi!"

"Gladly."

The children are thrilled to see two new travellers entering the village.

Some of them even try touching Sneasel, who nimbly twists his body to avoid being petted, before finally climbing on top of your bag with a growl.

"Hey, (Name)!", calls out Ore, one of Tulsi's grandchildren. "Grandma was wondering if you'd ever return! She missed you!"

"Hi, Ore! I missed her too! Where is she?"

"Come with me!"

He and his brother Gano take your hand to lead you to the old woman, who opens her eyes wide when she sees you.

"Grandma! Look! We told you (Name) was fine!"

"Hello, Tulsi...!"

She hurries to hug you.

"O-oh! Wait, Tulsi! I haven't bathed since yesterday morning..."

"Tss! Nonsense! As if your being was dirty! Where have you been (Name), my dear? I was worried!"

"After leaving Jubilife Village, we went to the Pearl Settlement in the Alabaster Icelands!"

"But why didn't you return with Adaman and the others?"

"I overstayed... to make up for the time lost with my friend."

You turn around to introduce Ingo, who politely tilts his hat.

"Tulsi! This is my friend Ingo. Ingo, here's my friend Tulsi!"

"Good morning, Mistress Tulsi. I am Warden Ingo, from the Pearl Clan. Pleasure to meet you."

"Ooh, I've heard about you from Warden Calaba! Nice to meet you, Warden Ingo! (Name), I'm pleased to hear that you've made such a good friend and that you're not alone any more! Friendship is very important! It's also an opportunity to travel to new places..."