Chapter 1

Previously on Book 2 -Chapter 15-

After the kiss, we just stay in each other's arms. I place my head on his shoulder. I close my eyes, savoring the moments. I was so scared to accept who I was before. Mike taught me how to love myself... and I will accept who I am. Because...

This is who I am

-Welcome Home-

Y/N P.O.V

Mike and I are currently in my room. He have his hand on my cheek as we share a sweet kiss. I smile into the kiss as I place my hand on his cheek.

"Nobody wants to know you now~" he suddenly start singing. "Mike! Mike! Stop!" I said, trying to cover his mouth. "Nobody wants to know you now~" he said. "Mike! Stop!!" I said, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"Why you don't like it?" He asked. "No..." I said. He just smiles and leans in to place another kiss on my lips. I place my hand on his cheek, deepening the kiss.

"Hey!!!" Someone yelled out. I turn my head to see my dad, leaning against the couch. He gets up from the couch and rush towards us. The door suddenly slammed shut.

"Three inch minimum! Eleven open this door right now!" I hear his voice on the other side of the door. I turn to look at Mike. "Quick... act like you're reading or something" I said. He quickly grabs a comic and lay down across from me. I do the same, but with my back against the head board.

The door burst open to reveal a red faced dad. I bit my lips, trying not to laugh. "What's wrong?" Mike asked. He just give us an annoyed expression. "Are you okay, dad?" I asked. He turns around to look at El, who's sitting on the couch.

She have an innocent face, but the blood on her nose told us otherwise. Dad turns to us and sigh. "Keep this door open... three inch minimum..." he said, sternly. Then he walks away.

Pheww... that was close. Thank you, El I said to El, telepathically. Anytime~ she said, in my head in a gleeful tone. I let out a giggle and turn to look at a confused Mike.

"What?" He said. "Oh... I was just thanking, El..." I said, pointing at my head. "Oh... I better get going then. The others must be waiting for me" he said. I smile and nod my head. He gives my lips a quick peck and walks out of my room.

I let out a giggle and lay on my bed. I hear a soft static sound. I grab my supercom. "Hey, babe..." he said. "Hey" I said. "Did you see his face?" He asked. I let out a laugh. "It was like a tomato..." I said. I can hear him laughing too.

"I wish I was still with you..." I said. "Me too. But I'll see you tomorrow, okay? First thing" he said. I smile softly to myself. "Tomorrow..." I said. The line is cut off. I place my supercom against my chest and sigh happily.

***

Today, we'll be going to Dustin's house. He will be coming back from a science camp. We agreed to not respond him from the supercom, because we want to surprise him. I kinda feel bad. I can hear the sadness and annoyance in his voice each time his voice come on the supercom.

We have sneaked inside his house. We lean against the wall. I give Eleven a nod. She closes her eyes. I can see blood starting to flow on her nose. I can hear the sound of toys. Eleven is controlling them. She's making the toys move towards the living room.

"Now!" I whisper towards her. She opens her eyes, stopping her control on the toys. Lucas gestures us to come along. We sneak around the wall, slowly creeping up behind Dustin.

Max starts to count down. As soon as it reaches to one. We blow hard on the party blower. Dustin lets out a scream. He turns around and starts spraying Lucas with... hairspray?

I let out a yelp and hide behind Mike. Dustin keeps screaming as he continues to spray Lucas.

I lift my hand and controls Dustin, lowering his arm down

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

I lift my hand and controls Dustin, lowering his arm down. "That's enough, Dustin. It's just us" I said. He stops screaming and let out a sigh of relief. I let out a chuckle, while Lucas screeches in pain.

I wince as I turn look at Lucas. "Uh... okay. You uh... might wanna help him to the sink, Max" I said. She nods her head in agreement and pull her boyfriend over to the sink, so he can wash his face.

I shake my head and turn to look at Dustin. I smile at him. "Welcome home, Dustin!" I said. I walk up to him and pulls him into a hug. Everyone joins in the hug, giving Dustin a group hug.

Dustin leads us to his room, where he's going to show us his invention while he was at the science camp. He rummage through his bag and turn to us.

"I call this... the forever clock. It's powered by wind. Pretty neat huh. It will be very useful during the apocalypse" he said. I just stare at it, while leaning against Mike. I have my arms looped around his. Dustin hands the forever clock to Will, who starts to spin it.

"I call this one the slammer..." he said. He shows us a... I don't even know what is that. It's a hammer... attached to a machine. It makes a weird vibrating sound. He moves it closer to me, which makes me back away while still holding onto Mike. Mike just squints his eyes at the machine.

"Pretty neat, huh? But this... this is my masterpiece" he said. He grabs a duffel bag and place it on the floor. He unzips it to reveal a bunch of items. "I'd like you to meet... The Cerebro" he said. We kneel down to take a closer look at it.

"What exactly are we looking at here?" Mike asked. Dustin grins happily. "An unassembled one of a kind, battery powered... radio tower" he said. "So it's like a ham radio?" Will said. "The Cadillac of ham radio. This baby carries a crystal clear connection on vast distance. I'm talking North Pole to South. I can talk to my girlfriend whenever and wherever I choose" he said.

We look at each other in shock at what he just said. "Girlfriend?!" We said in shock. He grins and nods his head, happily. Wow... so much have happened in a span of 2 months. I did not expect that.

*to be continued*