Chapter 20 (1/2)

Previously on Chapter 19

I wish this moment won't end. I don't want to leave Mike. But I have to go with El and the Byers because they're my family now. Hopefully, the love between Mike and I will remain strong even with the distance that will grow between us. I love him so much... and I don't wanna lose him.

-I Love You Too-

Y/N P.O.V

The Party is currently in Mike's basement, because Will wanted to play D&D before we leave the town. He said it's for a farewell party, because we don't know when we'll be able to gather like this again. Everyone agrees with him.

"Did you hear that? That loud sound... boom. Boom. BOOM!" Mike said, banging his hands on the table. I flinch at the sound. Mike bite his lips, trying not to laugh because he needs to remain serious for the campaign.

"What if it's the Demogorgon?" Dustin said, looking scared. "Again with this? It's not the Demogorgon. I'm telling you. It's probably just the Thessalhydra" Lucas said. "Shhh!!" I said, instantly shutting them up. They cover their mouth.

"It's the... Thessalhydra!!" Mike said. Lucas send a smug look at Dustin, who rolls his eyes. I just roll my eyes at their silly bickering.

"But wait... there's another voice" Mike said, making everyone tense up. I lean forward, waiting for what he's trying to say. "The voice overpowers the sound of the Thessalhydras. It's..." he said.

"What is it?" Lucas urges. Dustin let out a scared squeak. "It's the Demogorgon!" Mike said, slamming a figure on the board. Everyone lets out a gasp of fear. "Will... Y/N your actions" he said, turning to the two of us.

I turn to look at Will to discuss the next move. "I'll create a shield to protect all of us. You attack the demogorgon" I said. He nods his head, agreeing with me. I cast the protection spell. Will rolls his dice and number 17 showed up.

"17! With Y/N's and Will's teamwork. They manage to defeat the demogorgon. It roars out in pain as the spell hits it! It falls on the ground, shaking the earth. It reaches out with its claw hands one last time and... die!!!" Mike said, dramatically. Everyone bursts out into cheers. Mike wraps his arms around me and lift me up. I let out a shriek as I hold onto his shoulders.

I hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I turn my head to see Jonathan. He wave his hand in front of his face. "Oh wow... the smell. Did someone farted?" he said. "Oh... that's just Dustin. He farted..." Lucas said. I burst out into laughter at what he said. "Wow. Talk about Deja Vu" I said, still laughing. Everyone burst out laughing at what I said.

"Alright... come on Will, girls. We need to get ready to leave tomorrow. Mom's waiting for us" Jonathan said, after we stopped laughing. I just give a small nod and turn to look at Mike. "I'll walk you out..." he said. I just nod my head. We start walking with me upstairs.

Jonathan, El and Will head to the car. I turn to look at Mike. He's still holding my hand, with his head down. "Mike..." I said. He tilts his head to look at me. My heart ache when I notice the tears in his eyes.

"Today is the last whole day we'd spend together. You will be leaving tomorrow..." he said. His tears starts to fall from his eyes. I take a step closer and wrap my arms around him. He instantly returns the hug, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"You said it yourself

"You said it yourself... we'll work things out" I said. He tightens his arms around me. "I know I said that. But I can't lie to myself that I will feel so lost without you close to me..." he said. I run my hand through his hair.

I pull away from the hug and gently cups his cheeks, gently wiping his tears. "Mike... it's going to be okay. I doubt it at first. But now I don't. I believe we'll be able to work things out as long as we stay true to each other. I promise with everything I have... my heart will always belongs to you" I said.

He nods his head. "And my heart... you" he said. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. I tilt my head, kissing him back. He cups my cheeks, kissing me passionately. I can feel all of his emotions. We both know we'll miss each other a lot.

We pull away from the kiss. He place a long lingering kiss on my forehead. I close my eyes, trying to savor every seconds I have before I leave tomorrow. After a while, he finally pull away. He guide me to the car and opens the door for me, gently closing it. He wave at me, I smile back at him and Jonathan starts to drive.

The Next Day

Everyone is gathering at the Byers house. They are going to see us leave. I'm making sure I don't leave anything. I notice a teddy bear on the top wardrobe. I lift my hand and try to get it down. But my power didn't seem to work.

"They'll come back... I know they will" someone said. I turn my head to see Mike. He walks over to me and grab the teddy bear. He hands it to me. I smile softly at him as I take it from him. "Thanks..." I said.

"Packed your walkie, right?" He said. "Yes..." I said, nodding my head. He smiles at me. "Because you know I'm gonna steal Cerebro from Dustin and call you so much, you're gonna have to turn it off, right?" he said. I let out a laugh and nod my head.

"Did you talk to your mom... about thanksgiving?" I asked. "Yeah... yeah yeah yeah. I got the okay. I'll be there, and I was thinking maybe you can come up here for Christmas and Will too. You can come before or after Christmas whichever Mrs. Byers wants. I was thinking Christmas Day will be super fun, since we can open presents. Sorry... it made me sound like a 7 years old..." he said. "I love presents" I said, smiling at him. He grins at me. "Yeah... cool yeah. I love presents too" he said. "Bye..." I said. I walk around him.

I stop walking when I remember something. "Mike" I said. "Yeah?" He said, turning to face me. "You remember that day... at the cabin. You were talking to Max" I said. "I don't think I can recall..." he said. "You talked about your feelings... your heart" I said. "Oh... yeah yeah. Man, that was so long ago. I know it's just a heat in the moment and stuff. We were arguing and then... I don't really remember. What exactly did I say?" He said.

"Mike..." I said. I walk closer to him. I lift my hand and gently cup the side of his cheek. "I love you too" I said. I lean up and place a soft kiss on his lips. He kisses me back almost instantly.

*to be continued*

A/N: I'm making this chapter into 2 parts because it's too long to mix it into one. I don't wanna make you guys bored.