Chapter 10

Previously on Chapter 9

They circled around me and pulls me into a group hug. I bury my face to the closest person, which happens to be Mike. I start to cry softly. I don't want to be the reason of their downfall. Oh God...

What should I do?

-What Is That Thing?!-

Y/N P.O.V

They pull away from the group hug once I calmed down. They give me a soft smile. I smile back at them and wipe my tears away.

"Anyway... Nancy..." I said. "Yeah?" She said. "When was the attack with Mrs. Driscoll?" I said. "It was last night..." she said. "Yeah... I mean what time?" I said. "Oh. It was around 9pm..." she said. Jonathan turn to look at her in disbelief.

"And you waited whole night to call me??" He said. I look at them in confusion. "Why? You weren't there last night?" Will said. "I'm here now, aren't I?" He said, defensively. "Hallelujah!" Nancy said, rolling her eyes. She sounded sarcastic. This instantly lets me know that something is wrong between the two of them.

"How did you find out about Billy?" She asked. "Me and El saw him, in the void. He's with a girl... and her name is Heather" I said. Her eyes widened at the mention of Heather's name. "Heather Holloway?" She said. Eleven and I look at each other and nod our heads. "Tom..." she said.

***

We head back to Heather's house. We enter the house. I gag at the bad scent coming from the house. "More chemicals..." Will said. "Are they eating these stuff?" I asked. "Or they're going on one hell of a cleaning spree" Nancy said. I turn my head and notice something on the floor.

"Nancy... come look at this" I said. She walks up to me and turn to where I'm pointing. "Blood. Tom had a bandage on his head. He was attacked..." she said. I turn to look at Jonathan as he found a rope. "They must have tied them..." he said.

"Mrs. Driscoll kept saying that she needs to go back. All this thing must have happened somewhere. A source... if only we can find the source. We'd be able to put a stop to this..." Nancy said. I turn to look at her.

"If only I can find a way to track him down. Even if I hate to say this. But the Mind Flayer is my father... and the flayed are connected to him. Yet I can't do a thing to track him down. I'm sorry for being useless"I said.

I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see El."Don't be so harsh on yourself, Y/N" she said. I just give her a sad smile.

"Mrs. Driscoll keeps saying she wants to go back. Why don't we let her?" Will said. I turn to look at him. "That's a good plan... once we let her go. We can go with her. Then we'd know where the source are" I said. He nods his head, looking at me with a grin. Everyone agrees with the idea. So we'll be going to the hospital next.

Time-skip

We are walking towards the room. But a woman by the receptionist stops us. "Woah woah... just where do you all think you're going?" She said. Nancy take a step forward. "Hi... I'm here to visit my grandma again. These are my family..." she said, gesturing towards the rest of us. She looks at each of us before lingering to Lucas.

"Uhh... extended" he said, with an awkward smile. I bit my lips, trying not to laugh. The lady turns to the rest of us. "I don't care. 2 at the time" she said. I let out a sigh. Nancy turns to look at us. "I'll go with Jonathan. The rest of you wait at the lounge area" she said. We just nod our heads. The two of them make their way upstairs.

I stand by Max and Eleven. I have a magazine in my hands, reading through it. "Oh, come on you piece of shit!" I hear Mike said. I turn my head and notice him by the vending machine with Lucas. He keeps on banging on the machine. I'm guessing the snack is stuck. I let out a sigh and tilt my head, sending a lot of snacks off it's rack.

He turns to look at me. I wipe the blood from my nose. "Thanks..." he said. I just give him a nod and turn my attention back to the magazine. I decide to take a seat, because my legs starts to ache.

I feel someone sitting next to me. By the scent, I can tell that it's Mike. Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Will moving to another seat. Mike must have ask him to leave the two of us alone.

"Hey..." he said. I take a quick glance at him. "Hi..." I said, in a soft voice. "Does your species like M&M?" He said, showing me the M&M. I just place my hand out. He gently pours some on my hand. I give him a soft smile.

"I like the new look by the way. It looks cool" he said. "Thanks..." I said, smiling at him. He smiles back at me. I look away from him, smiling softly to myself as I continue to eat the sweet treat.

He turns the M&M wrapping over. I scoot closer to him. I look over his shoulder, wondering what he's doing. He's reading the ingredients.

"Are you planning on opening a chocolate factory?" I asked. "Huh? No... I'm just wondering what makes this so good..." he said, smiling at me. I let out a soft giggle.

I feel something is wrong. I pull away from him and look around. I notice Will is becoming restless too. He stands up and place a hand on the back of his neck. He turns to look at me. "He's here..." I said. He nods his head. We take off running upstairs. Nancy and Jonathan could be in danger right now.

We rush to the lift, to go to the upper floor. But the lift isn't working. So we decided to use the stairs. As we go up the stairs, I stop mid-way.

"What are you doing, Y/N! Hurry up!" Max said. "I feel so stupid..." I said. "What do you mean?" She said. I lift my hand and outstretch my hand forward. A portal appear in front of me which leads right on the floor we're heading to.

"That's what I mean

"That's what I mean..." I said. They blink at me and stare. "What? We ain't got time for that! Let's go!" I said. I make my way through the portal. I can hear their footsteps following me.

"Jonathan! Where's Nancy?" I asked. He turns to look at me and points to the door he's been banging. "She's in here" he said. "Okay, step aside" I said. He moves to the side. I focus on the door and it burst open.

I can see a creature hovering above Nancy. "Hey!" I said. It stops screeching at Nancy and turn to look at us. It roars loudly at the sight of us. I just stare at it in complete horror.

What is that thing?!

*to be continued*