Chapter 12

Previously on Chapter 11

We can track where the source is... by going inside Billy's mind. It's risky... but if it means we can stop the Mind Flayer. Then it's a risk that I'm willing to take. I'll do anything in my power to keep everyone I love safe.

-They Found Us-

Y/N P.O.V

El and I sit next to each other, with our backs facing the coffee table. We're preparing ourselves to go to the void. Look for Billy and get inside his mind. We'd be able to find out where the source is.

I feel someone next to me. I turn my head to see Mike. He looks worried and scared for me. "Y/N... I know that you think you have to do this. But you don't" he said. I let out a sigh and place my hand on his arm.

"I'll be okay, Mike. I need you to trust me" I said. "El's mother... she loves her. She wanted you two to see it. But Billy's mind is... diseased" he said. I lift my hand and gently place it on his cheek.

"It's going to be alright" I said. He let out a sigh and nod his head. He moves to sit down on the couch. I turn to look at El. She nods her head, signaling me that she's ready to go. I nod back and cover my eyes with the blindfold. I reach over for Eleven's hand. I feel her reaching out to hold mine. I focus on getting inside the void.

The Void

I open my eyes and realize we're inside the void. I turn my head to the side to see Eleven. She gives me a soft smile, and I give one back. I turn my head to see Billy, sitting on his bed.

We slowly make our way towards him. "Billy... we need to see" I said. We slowly reach out to grab his hand. He turns his head to look directly at us. He suddenly grasp our hands tightly.

"Let go!!" I screamed. We got send backwards and landed on a sand. I stand up and look around. I realize I'm alone. "El? Eleven!!" I yelled out. But I can't seem to find her. Where is she?

Y/N? I hear someone said. "El?" I said. Yeah. It's me she said. "What happened? Why can't I see you here?" I said. I'm sorry, Y/N... but something pulled me out of there. I'm back in the real world with the others. I think this means you have to go on your own she said.

Y/N? Can you hear me? Get out of there... Another voice said. I can tell that it's Mike. "Why?" I said. It's too dangerous for you to be alone. Please come back and we'll start again... he said. I can hear the fear in his voice.

"No Mike... we don't have much time left. More people are dying" I said. Y/N please... he said. "No, Mike... I'm sorry. But we have to keep going" I said. Fine... but please be careful... he said. "I will..." I said. I take a deep breath and focus on my surrounding.

I turn my head to look forward. "There's a woman here..." I said. I slowly make my way over to her. She turns her head and looks at me. "I think she's looking at me" I said. Then I hear a voice coming from behind me.

A boy runs passed me. I watch the boy talks to the woman. He asked for more time to play with the waves. It turns out the boy was Billy. He was so excited.

I turn my head to look into the distance. I notice red cloud. That must be where I can find the source. I slowly make my way towards it.

I can see a boy getting yelled at by someone who seem to be the father. It must be Billy because this is his memories. As I walk through I can see various of memories. Billy have a rough childhood... now I understand why he behave the way he did.

After a while, I finally reach an old abandoned building. "I found it... the source" I said. Where are you? I hear Jonathan said. I look at the sign. "Brimborn... Steel Works" I said. Okay... I got it he said.

Okay Y/N... we got the source. Get out from there now! Mike said. I close my eyes. I focus on trying to get out of the void.

When I open my eyes, I can see I'm back home. But no one's around. I stand up and look around. "Mike. Mike!" I yelled out. I start to panic, what's going on here?

"They can't hear you..." someone said. I turn to look at the sound. Billy walks in from another room. My eyes widened. He put off the fire on the cigarette. "You shouldn't have looked for me, child... now we can all see you..." he said. I take a few steps back. I feel fear growing in my chest.

"We've been building it... all the pain... and all the suffering. It was all for you. You could have join me. We can both be the ruler of this world, as father and daughter. But you chose to side with THEM. YOU chose to betray me... so I'll make the ones you love pay" he said. I shake my head as I continue to back away. "No..." I said.

"First, I'm going to end the other girl. Once she's out of the way, we're going to end... EVERYONE" he said. "GET AWAY!!" I yelled, outstretching my hand and send him flying backwards.

End of The Void

"Noo!!!!" I screamed, taking the blindfold from my eyes. I look around in panic. Mike kneels down next to me. I turn to him and collapse in his arms. I start to cry harder, while he embrace me tightly.

"It's okay... you're okay..." he said. I turn to face him and bury my face in the crook of his neck. He doesn't seem to mind that I got blood and tears in his shirt. He just keep holding me, trying his best to calm me down.

This is getting worse than I thought. He's building an army for me. He created that monster to destroy the ones I love. I've never been so scared before. I don't know what to do... I don't want them to get hurt. Oh God... please show me what to do.

*to be continued*