Chapter 8

Previously on Chapter 7

I can see the worry in her eyes. She told me Billy has always been an ass to her. Yet, she still cares for him. What should I tell them... I don't even know how to explain what I saw or felt the other day. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

-The Sauna Test-

Y/N P.O.V

Mike told us that we should put Billy on a sauna test. The Mind Flayer would show himself because of the heat. We agree on doing that, so we are preparing ourselves for the test.

I enter a storage room and comes across a dummy of a boy. It's probably for when they're practicing to do CPR or rescuing a drowning person. I walk towards it and take it from the shelf.

"Hey, I found the breaker..." I heard someone said. I turn my head to see Mike. He walks closer to me. He takes the dummy from my arms. "Wow. That thing is super creepy. I think this will work. Right, dummy? Right, Mike" he said. He turns to me with a grin on his face. I just roll my eyes and take it from him. I turn around and walk away from him.

"Hey, Y/N" he said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him. "I just wanna say... you know when I say Nana was sick? She wasn't. I lied" he said. "Uh huh... yeah. It was pretty obvious" I said, nodding my head. I turn to walk away.

"Wait! Wait!" He said again. I let out a sigh and turn to him again. "I think it is important for you to know the content. Hopper... he went all crazy on me. He said that I'm spending way too much time with you. He made me lie... you're the most important thing to me in the world" he said. I roll my eyes and drop the dummy on the ground.

"What if he's right?" I said. "What?" He asked. "My dad..." I said. "No no no... he's just some angry old man who hates joy" he said. I let out a sigh at what he said.

"First of all... that's my father you're bad-mouthing about. Second, if I only see you. And I'm a different species than you. Then I should be with MY species more" I said, glaring at him. He looks at me with his eyebrows furrowed at what I said.

"What are you talking about?" He asked. I lean down and grab the dummy. "Did you spy on me?! That's totally against the rules!" He said. "Oh yeah? Well... I make my own rules" I said. I turn around and walks away, leaving a stun Mike.

***

Everything is ready now. We just have to wait for the pool to close. Then we'd put our plan into action. We hide in a spot, where they won't spot us.

After closing time, we quickly head to the sauna room and hang the dummy to act as a decoy. Mike will be calling out to Billy to the supercom that is attached on the dummy. It'll be like the dummy is the one calling for Billy.

I close my eyes so I can see where Billy is. I can see him walking to the sauna. I open my eyes and give Eleven a curt nod, signaling her to go. She walks up behind Billy.

"Behind you..." Mike said. Billy turns around and saw El. She slams him against the wall using her telekinesis, and slams the door shut. "Now!" Mike said. We run forward and locks the door, locking Billy inside.

He stands up and glares at us. "What is this, huh? Let me out!! You kids thinks this is some kind of stupid prank, huh?! Let me out, assholes! Let me out!!" He yelled, he starts banging on the door. El and I outstretched our hands as an attempt to keep our friends safe.

His eyes landed on me. I can feel shiver going up my spine. "Y/N... get me out of here, child" he said, almost commanding tone. Max turns her head to look at me. She's probably wondering how Billy knows me. But the only thing I'm worried about is the way he said the word 'child.' It's exactly just like the way the Mind Flayer called me.

He moves away from the window. I can hear a soft whimpering. Max walks forward. "I'm sorry, Max. It's not my fault. It's not my fault. Please believe me, Max. It's not my fault" he said, repeatedly.

"What's not your fault, Billy?" Max said, in a calm voice. "I have done things, Max. Bad things. It's not my fault, okay? He made me do it..." he said. "Who made you do what?" Max said. "I don't know... it was like a shadow. Please believe me, Max... and he also said he wants his child back" he whimpered. I froze at what he just said.

"He's here... he's activated" Will said. I turn to look at him and notice him holding his neck. "Max... get away from the door" I said. "What?" She said, still focusing on Billy.

"Get away from the door!" Mike yelled. As soon as he said that, something smash through the window. It's Billy, holding a tile shard. He starts growling at us, screaming to let him go. He starts smashing against the door.

"He can't get out, can he?" Max said. "No way... no way..." Lucas said. The door burst open and Billy stare at us with a deadly glare. Like if looks could kill... we would be dead by now.

I keep my arms outstretched to protect my friends. El lift a weight and slams it at Billy, pinning him against the wall. He starts to struggle to break free. But El have a firm grip on him.

With a scream the weight comes clashing onto El, knocking her on the ground. Billy walks to her and grabs her by her neck. "No! Stop!" I yelled. I send a strong burst of energy, knocking Billy down. I grab El and pulls her towards me, pushing her behind me.

Billy stands up and walks towards me. He lift his hand and move it closer towards me. Child... he said, in my head. I look into his eyes and I can see a flash of the Mind Flayer's form. I froze at the way he said it. It sounded sinister and pure evil.

Mike went up behind him and hit him with an iron pole. "Die you son of a bitch!!" He yelled. Billy grabs the pole when he's about to land another hit. I feel a burst of energy going through me. I lift my hand and he starts to float. Looks like I've activate yet another power.

I walk around Billy, with him still floating in the air. I stand in front of Billy as I scream. With one final push, I send him crashing through the wall. I let out a choke sob and stumble backwards into Mike.

He holds me close in his embrace. God... that was scary. Probably one of the scariest thing I have ever come across with. And I have gone through a lot of scary stuff... but this one just tops it all.

*to be continued*