Chapter 14

Previously on Chapter 13

Anyone copy? I repeat... this is code red! I hear the voice. It sounded like Dustin's voice. Mike rush to it. "Yes, this is Mike. I copy!" He said. Dustin's voice keep on going in and out, until it got cut off. Mike turns to look at me. I can see worry in his eyes. This makes me feel worried. Dustin must be in trouble. We have to find him.

-Saving Dustin and Co-

Y/N P.O.V

"Dustin must be in danger. He kept saying code red. We have to find him..."I said. I sit in front of the fridge. The fridge makes the sound I need to help dull my senses. I cover my eyes with a bandana as I focus to look for Dustin.

I can hear a faint argument between Lucas and Mike about Coke. Which one is better between the old one and the new. It's so silly of them... and their silliness is breaking my concentration, because their voice gradually becomes louder. It makes it hard for me to focus.

"Hey!" I said, taking my blindfold of. Eleven doing the same next to me. Lucas got startled as he turns to look at us. "Sorry..." he said. I let out a scoff at him. "Did you... find him?" Mike said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

***

We have reached the mall. I try to walk as fast as I can despite the pain in my leg. I try my best to ignore the others' argument discussing whether Dustin is talking about a movie, or something else.

We are on a second floor. I notice a group of men walking towards one of the food stall. They are all heavily armed. A clear sign that they're dangerous people.

I look around the place and notice the car. I gesture the car to El. She nods her head and lift her hand. The car starts making a sound, turning the men's attention towards it. The men says something in Russia. They look up and notice us, as I take a step forward to land a El a hand. We sends the car flying to them, instantly knocking them out of the way.

I can see Dustin, Steve and two other people peaks around the counter. Dustin starts to smile at the sight of us. I give him a small smile. I feel drained after using so much power.

We make our way downstairs. I walk with help of Mike. Dustin rushes towards us while laughing. "You two flew that thing like a hot wheel!" He said. I let out a chuckle and embrace him back.

"Lucas?" The little girl said. "What are you doing here?" He said. "Ask them... it's their fault" she said. "Yeah... totally true. It's totally our fault" Steve said. "I still don't understand what's happening to that car..." another girl said.

"Y/N and El have superpowers" Dustin said. "I'm sorry?" She said, looking confused. "Superpowers. They threw it with their minds. Come on catch up" Steve said.

"That's them?" The little girl said, pointing at El and I. "Who's Y/N and El?" The girl said, looking around. "I'm sorry... who are you?" Nancy said. "I'm Robin. I work with Steve..." she said. "She cracked top secret code" Dustin said. "Yeah... which is how we found out about the Russians" Steve said. I start to feel a little nauseous. I take a couple steps away from them. The sound of their arguments is making my head dizzy. I cover my ears, trying to block out the sounds. I start to sway a little and fall over.

"Y/N! Y/N..." Mike said, as he rushes towards me. The others soon circle around me. I wince in pain. "What's wrong? What's wrong? What's wrong?" He said. "My leg... my leg!" I said. "Her leg. Check her leg!" He said. I feel the bandage around my leg is removed. I hear their gasp, and something starts to move. I let out a pained cry.

"Y/N. Y/N, are you okay? Y/N!!" Mike said. I can't take it anymore. I open my mouth and let out a loud scream from the pain. I can feel something wiggling around inside my leg. 

"What is that?" The little girl said. "Something's in there..." Mike said. "Keep her talking... keep her awake, okay?" Jonathan said. I just keep screaming because of the pain.

"Hey, hey... stay awake. Stay awake" Mike said. Mike moves to sit behind me, letting me lean on him. He lets me clutch his hands for support. The blond girl starts talking about a girl in her soccer team, and how she broke her bone.

"Robin..." Steve said. "Yeah?" She said. "You're not helping" he said. "I'm sorry..." she said. Jonathan comes running back.

"Okay, alright Y/N. This gonna hurt like hell, okay?" He said. "Okay..." I said, still crying from the pain. "Just stay very still... and you might wanna bite down on this okay?" he said, handing a wooden spoon over to Mike. He place it on my mouth. I open my mouth and bite it. Jonathan lift a knife and place it close to my wound.

"Do it..." Mike said, nodding his head. Jonathan nods his head and start to cut open my wound. I scream out loud. But it sounded muffled because of the wooden spoon on my mouth. He drops the knife and insert his hand in, trying to get the thing out of me.

I move the spoon from my mouth and shake my head. "No! Stop! Stop it!" I yelled. Nancy stops Jonathan and he takes his hand out. I try to sit up. "I can do it..." I said.

I outstretch my hand, palm pointing at the wound. I start to scream in pain as force the thing to get out of my leg. The glass behind us shatters as a beam of energy spreads out of me.

After a while, it finally get out. I scream as I throw it away. It landed not far from us. It starts to crawl away, only for a boot steps on it. I look up from the boot to see dad, Mrs. Byers and a man.

"D-Dad..." I said. I force myself to get up. I start to half limp, half hopping towards him. He pulls me into his arms, in a tight hug. I lean my body against his, hugging him back tightly.

After a while, he helps me sit down. I lean my body against his as Max treats my wound. I clutch onto dad's hand as it starts to hurt a little. He rubs my back soothingly, trying to distract me from the pain.

Eventually, Max bandages my leg once the blood is stopped and the wound is cleaned. I give her a weak smile as a 'thank you,' and she smiles back. Just like Jonathan said... it hurts like hell.

*to be continued*