Chapter 18

Previously on Chapter 17

I was so worried that I might lose her again. Thank God that she's alright. She means everything to me. I can't imagine what will happen if I have to lose her. But she's going to be alright now. She's finally free.

-Back Together-

Y/N P.O.V

The doctor said if it didn't heal properly, I'll have to amputate my leg. I'm glad that I didn't have to get my leg cut off. But since it's injured pretty bad, I'm gonna have to use crutches for a while until it heal completely.

Right now I'm currently in Mike's basement. Lucas and Max have a date. Eleven's currently helping the Byers pack their stuff. Since dad is gone, Eleven and I have to leave with her family. So, I want to spend as much time with Mike as possible. Since we'll be leaving soon.

I have my head on Mike's shoulder as he have his arm around me.

"Y/N..." Mike said. I turn to look at him. "Yeah?" I said. He lift his free hand and gently place it on my cheek. "We're still on a break... it hurts, Y/N. I really want to kiss you and do all things couples do..." he said. I just stare at him.

"Will you be my girlfriend again?" He said. I stare at him. I still have feelings for him. But I don't know... if I should accept him again. Especially since I'll be leaving with El and the Byers.

"I don't know, Mike..." I said. "Please..." he pleaded. "I still have feelings for you. It's just... in a couple of days. I'll be leaving with El and the Byers... it'll be painful not being able to see you... to hold you, Mike. It's going to be so hard..." I said, looking at him with tears in my eyes. He pulls away from me, turning his body to face me. He cups both of my cheeks.

"We'll work things out, Y/N" he said. "How?" I said. "We can always talk through phone or our supercom. I know that it will be different from being able to see each other face to face. But we can always come to visit each other during holidays, right?" He said. I nod my head, agreeing with his solution.

"Please, Y/N... I just want to be with you again. Just like how we used to. Please... come back to me, Y/N. Please be mine again..." he said, pleadingly. I lean my forehead against his.

"Please..." he said. I pull away slightly to look at him. He look in his eyes makes my heart ache. I know he truly wants to be with me. "Why?" I asked. He looks at me in confusion.

"'Why' what?" He asked. "I hurt you. I'm a monster, Mike... why do you still want to be with someone like me?" I said. He frowns at what I said. He shakes his head.

"You're not a monster. So what if you're born in the Upside Down? And so what if you're the Mind Flayer's child? It doesn't matter, you hear me?" He said.

"Yes it does! Being related to the Mind Flayer. What if I lose control again? What if... what if I hurt you again?" I said, looking at him in sadness and fear in my eyes. He shakes his head.

"No. You won't hurt me. That won't happen again... the monster side inside of you is gone the second that dark cloud left your body. You're free now, Y/N..." he said. "Are you sure?" I asked. "1000%" he said, nodding his head with a bright smile on his face.

I let out a chuckle at his attempt to make me laugh. "That's not even a real thing" I said, still laughing. "So? It made you laugh..." he said. "What a dork..." I said, rolling my eyes. He lets out a laugh. He smiles at me and caress my cheek softly. I close my eyes, leaning my cheek against his touch.

"So... stop calling yourself a monster. Because as far as I'm concern, you're Y/N L/N. A strong... kind hearted... beautiful girl. The girl who have been protecting me and the boys since the first day we met. I like that Y/N... and you are and always will be my Y/N. No matter where you came from or who you're related to" he said. I open my eyes and stare at him, not knowing what else to say.

He lift my hand and gently place it against his chest. I can feel his heart beating against the palm of my hand. "Please be mine again..." he said again. My eyes soften. I smile and nod my head. "Okay" I said. He starts to smile and gently cups my cheeks.

He leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. He gently pulls me to his lap, making me straddle his lap as I keep kissing him passionately.

"Ahhh!!! My eyes!!!" Someone yelled out, causing us to pull away. I turn my head to see Lucas covering his eyes. I roll my eyes at his overly dramatic act.

"Oh please... you acted like you've never seen anyone kissing. Heck... you even kiss Max! It would be okay if Will reacted that way. But look at him. He's acting perfectly normal" I said. Lucas turns to look at Will. He stands there, not showing any short of reaction.

"Will?" I said. He just stay silent, still staring. Lucas lets out a laugh and turn to look at me. "Oh look, Y/N... and you too Mike. You guys broke him" he said. I look at him with a worried gaze. I stand up and walk towards Will.

"Will... are you okay? Hello? Earth to, buddy" I said, waving my hand in front of his face. "Will!" I said. I place my hand on his shoulder, shaking him lightly. He blinks his eyes after a while. He looks at me and at Mike who have move to stand next to me.

"Ewwww!!!!" He suddenly yelled out in my face. I let out a squeak of surprise. I stumble back and fall. But instead of landing on a ground, I feel a pair of arms around my waist.

"Falling for me, ey?" He said, smirking at me. I hit his chest softly and move out of his arm. He let out a chuckle and wrap his arm around my shoulder. He place a gentle kiss on the side of my head.

"Okay. That's enough PDA for today, please. You two are making me feel jelly" Dustin said. I let out a soft giggle. "Oh... that reminds me. I heard from Lucas that you sing with your girlfriend" I said. Lucas nods his head.

"Turn around... look at what you see~" Lucas start to sing. "In her face... the mirror of your dream~" Max joins in. Dustin blushes deep shade of red at their teasing.

"Ah, man... there will never be the end of this, huh?" He said. "Nope..." I said, smirking. I start to sing along. He hit his forehead at my action. The others burst out laughing.

I stop singing and laughs as well. Moments like this are the ones that I will keep in my mind and cherish forever. I'm going to miss these people when I leave.

*to be continued*