Chapter 6

Previously on Chapter 5

I take the blindfold off, as El do the same. I give her a worried expression. We both agree on one thing after what we experience. Something's not right. And I don't like this one bit.

-Billy's Changes-

Y/N P.O.V

We are on our bikes, heading to Max's house. We decided to check on her step brother. I have this bad feelings that something's not right about him. Eleven felt it too, because she saw what I saw.

It's raining heavily right now, so we have to wear a raincoat. We head inside her house. There's no sign of Billy around. We make our way to the bathroom to see it filled with ice.

I turn to look at El. She walks towards the laundry basket and start rummaging through it. I furrow my eyebrow and walk towards her. "What are you doing, El?" I asked. She pulls out a small red fany pack. I notice blood stains on it.

"It looks like something from the pool. Look it has a name of the pool..." Max said. I turn to look at her. "Let's go there... find who this fany pack belongs to" I said. They nod their heads in agreement.

***

We are now at the pool. "Excuse me..." I said. "Pool is close. Unless you want to get struck by lightning" a guy said. "No... we just want to ask if this belongs to anyone here?" Max said, placing the fany pack on the desk.

"Oh, yeah. That belongs to Heather. We'll return it to her..." a girl said. "Oh... we are wondering if we can be the one to return it to her" I said. "Well that's the thing. She's not here... she ditched" the guy said. I turn to look at the others. They look at me and shrug their shoulder.

"What is it? Are you asking for a reward?" He said. I quickly shake my head. I grab the girl's hands and walks away from the reception. We walk towards the wall where there's a couple of informations clipped there.

"That's her... Heather" I said. Eleven quickly snatch the photo from the wall. It will help us track her. We went to the locker room. I grab two pair of goggles along the way.

I take a seat in front of Eleven. We have covered the goggles and place it over our eyes, instantly blinding our sights. I focus on the void. I can feel my blood flowing out of my nose. But I pay no mind on it and focus.

Time-skip

We found where Heather is. So that's where we're heading to. "Are you sure about this?" Max said. I turn to look at her. "You don't trust us?" I asked. "No... it's not that. I do trust you. It's just... I don't know. When Billy's with a girl... they always make sounds" she said. "What we heard was a scream..." I said.

"Well... sometimes the girls also screams. Good screams" she said. I paled at what she said, instantly catching on what she's trying to say. "What's... good screams?" She said, sounding confused. Max opens her mouth to explain about it.

Don't... say a thing. I don't want to taint Eleven's innocence with lewd stuff like that I quickly said in Max's mind. She flinch at the sudden sound of my voice in her head. She looks at me. I give her a look. She sighs and nods her head.

We walk towards the front door. Eleven focus on the door. It slowly moves open. We slowly make our way inside. We stand in front of a wall where there's a photo of a family. I notice Heather in the photo.

"This must be her house" Max said. I nod my head in agreement. I hear voices and gesture the others. We make our way towards the sound. The sound leads us to what seem to be a dining room. Billy is sitting there with two others.

"Max..." he said, as soon as he notices us. "We didn't mean to barge in. We tried to knock. But maybe you didn't hear it because of the storm" Max said. Billy just eyed us. "I'm sorry... who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" The man said. Billy lets out a laugh.

"I'm sorry... Janet... Tom. This is my sister, Maxine" Billy said, smiling while gesturing towards Max. I furrow my eyebrow at what he said. Max clearly stated that he never considered her as his sister. So to hear him call her a sister seems a little... off.

"Is something wrong?" He said, walking towards us. He turns to look at me. From the way he stares at me. I can feel something is wrong. He feels... cold and evil.

"We just wanna make sure everything is okay" Max said. "Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" He said. "Where is she?" Eleven asked. "I'm sorry... where is who?" He said.

"Well... they're a little burn. I'm sorry" someone said. I turn my head to see Heather. She walks in with a tray of cookies on her hands. "Heather... this is my sister, Maxine. And I'm sorry... I did not quite catch your name..." Billy said, turning to look at Eleven. "El..." she said. "El..." he repeated. Billy turns to me for a few seconds. He just turn to El again. He didn't even ask who I am. It's like he knew me. But how??

"Now what is it you were saying, El. You were looking for somebody" he said. Eleven turns to look at Heather. "I... I s-saw y-" she stuttered. "Your manager. At the pool. He said you guys didn't come to your work place" Max said. I know what she's trying to do. We do not want these people to know the real reason.

"Oh... Heather wasn't feeling so hot today. So we decided to stay home and nurse her back to health. But she's okay now. How are you feeling, Heather?" Billy said, turning to Heather.

"I'm feeling so much better. Would you guys want cookie? They're fresh out of the oven" Heather said. "No... we're good. Thank you..." I said. I make eye contact with Billy again.

I can see something flash in his eyes. But it's gone as soon as it appears, so I can't tell what it was. I just gestures the girls to leave with me. I can hear their footsteps as they quickly follows me.

Eleven starts arguing with Max. Max claims because Heather was feeling sick. That's why she's bathing in the bathtub filled with ice. It just didn't make any sense. What was that flashing in Billy's eyes. I don't know what to think about it. I just know that it feels... familiar.

*to be continued*

I Am Who I Wanna Be (Mike Wheeler X Reader) Book 3 जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें