Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

I stop singing and laughs as well. Moments like this are the ones that I will keep in my mind and cherish forever. I'm going to miss these people when I leave.

-A Date With Mike-

Y/N P.O.V

I feel someone shaking me awake. I open my eyes to see Eleven. "What?" I asked, sleepily. "Mike is on the phone. He asked for you, Y/N..." she said. I nod my head and sit up. I turn my head to see the room I'm in.

Since Dad passed away. Mrs. Byers took me in her care. Which automatically makes me have to move with her. I share a room with Will because we've known each other for a long time. Eleven stays with Mrs. Byers in her room.

I let out a sigh and stand up. I walk out of the room and head to the living room where the phone is. I pick the phone up and place it against my ear.

"Hello. Mike?" I said, in a sleepy voice. I can hear a soft laugh from his side. "Hey, Y/N. Good morning"he said. "Uh huh... morning..." I said, leaning my back against the wall. My head keeps on falling due to the sleepiness. My head fall to the side and hit the wall. I wince and rub the sore spot. I hear laughing and turn my head to see El.

She walks towards me and gently move my hand. So the phone is close to her mouth. "Y/N is trying so hard to stay awake right now. She looks so funny. She even hit her head on the wall..."she said. My eyes widened after she exposes me. "Hey, shut it!" I said. I snatch the phone from her, placing it back on my ear. I can hear Mike laughing.

"Stop laughing" I said, in a serious voice. I can hear Mike clearing his throat. "Yes, ma'am" he said. I let out a soft giggle and shakes my head.

"So... what is it?" I asked. "I was just wondering... do you wanna go out with me?" He said. "Go out... as in a date?" I asked. "Sure... let's call it a date" he said. I smile at his words. "Yeah... let's call it a date. When and where?" I asked. "I'll come by your house in an hour... I'll take you somewhere. Sounds good?" He asked. "Yeah... sounds like a plan" I said. "Okay! I'll see you later, then?" He said. I nod my head.

"Is that okay?" He asked. I realize I just nodded and didn't say anything. He's probably waiting for me to answer. "Oh yeah! Yeah... okay. Sorry, I was nodding my head. But then I realize you can't see that. Seems like my soul haven't returned fully yet..." I said. He lets out a laugh at my comment.

"Okay, cool... see you in an hour" he said. I smile to myself. "Yeah... see you in an hour" I said. The line went dead. I place the phone back in its place. I turn around and flinch when Mrs. Byers is standing there.

"Sooo? What did he say?" She said. "Uhh... Mike just asked me out on a date" I said, blushing deep shade of red. "Aweee... how cute~. Any idea where?" She asked. "No... Mike wouldn't tell me" I said. "Ooh~ a surprise! Even better!" She said, grinning at me. I let out a laugh and nod my head.

She smiles and ruffles my hair. "Alright... I'll leave you to get ready then" she said. She turns around and walks away. I smile happily and turn around. I make my way to my room. Then I remember I have nothing to wear.

"Uh... Mrs. Byers?" I said, once I enter the kitchen. She turns to look at me. "Yeah?" She said. "I uh... have nothing nice to wear..." I said. "Oh... I have one for you come on" she said. She walks towards her room. I just follow her. I stand by the door as she rummages through her wardrobe.

She walks towards me, holding a cute outfit in her hand. "This will do?" She asked. "That's perfect, Mrs. Byers. Thank you!" I said, hugging her. She let out a laugh as she hugs me back.

I pull away from the hug and smile at her. She hands the outfit to me. I gently take it from her. "Again... thank you, Mrs. Byers" I said. She smiles and caress my head. "You're welcome, honey..." she said. She turns around and walk out of the room. I make my way to the bathroom and start getting ready.

A While Later

I'm standing in front of the mirror, wearing outfit Mrs. Byers allows me to wear. I smile to myself. I feel glad that someone as nice as Mrs. Byers are willing to take me and El in. Especially since we're an abnormal kids.

Will enters the room after making sure I'm already dressed up. He blinks his eyes when he looks at me. "Oooh~ looking cute, Y/N. Is it to impress someone, hmm?" He said, teasingly. I blush deep shade of red because of his comment. He lets out a laugh as he plops himself on his bed.

"Y/N! Mike's here!!" I hear Eleven yelled out. "I'm coming!" I yelled back. I turn to look at the mirror one last time. I give myself a nod of approval and turn around to leave Will's bedroom.

Mike is sitting in the living room, talking to Will and Jonathan. "Mike..." I said, after entering the room. He turns his head to look at me. His eyes widened slightly. I can see his cheeks turning slightly pink. I fiddle with my fingers.

"Do I look okay?" I asked. He snap out of his daze and stands up. He walks over to me, placing his hands on my shoulders. "Okay? Y/N... you look beautiful" he said, making me smile shyly at him. I flinch when I hear a snap. I turn my head to see Jonathan holding a camera.

"Did you just took a picture?" I asked. He smiles at me and nods his head. "Of course, I want to capture all these memorable memories. We can look at them again when we're older" he said. I just nod my head. Mike turns his head to look at me. "Shall we?" He said. I nod my head. He offers his arm to me. I loop my arm through his. We make our way out of the house.

"I hope you don't mind we're going to go using just a bicycle..." he said. I turn to look at him and shake my head. "Of course, I don't mind. It's romantic" I said. He smiles and gently place a soft kiss on the side of my head. He guides me to his bike and pat the seat behind him. I get on it and wrap my arms around his torso, leaning my head against his back.

***

Mike stops after a while. He gestures me to get off the bike. I stand up as he place his bike against a tree. I look around the place in confusion.

"Where are we?" I asked. "You'll see... come on" he said. He gently holds my hand and starts to pull me along with him. I just follow along as he guide me, through the woods.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked. "Be patient, Y/N. We're almost there" he said. I let out a huff at his answer, and nod my head. He lets out a chuckle and lift my hand, placing a soft kiss on the back of it.

"Alright... we're here..." he said. I turn my head and my eyes widened. The scenery in front of me is truly breath-taking. There's a picnic set up a couple of feet away from where we are standing.

Rows and rows of lavenders filled the field

Rows and rows of lavenders filled the field. I turn to look at Mike. "H-How did you f-find this place?" I said. "That's a secret~" he said. I just roll my eyes at his comment. He lets out a laugh and guides me to the picnic set.

I take off my sandals and take a seat on the blanket. Mike takes a seat next to me. He gently wraps an arm around my shoulder. I scoot closer to his sides leaning my head on his shoulder. We would feed each other snack every now and then.

I wish this moment won't end. I don't want to leave Mike. But I have to go with El and the Byers because they're my family now. Hopefully, the love between Mike and I will remain strong even with the distance that will grow between us. I love him so much... and I don't wanna lose him.

*to be continued*