Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

We look at each other in shock at what he just said. "Girlfriend?!" We said in shock. He grins and nods his head, happily. Wow... so much have happened in a span of 2 months. I did not expect that.

-Dad Talk-

Y/N P.O.V

"Wait... so her name is Susie?" I asked. "Suzie with a Z. She's from Utah" Dustin said. "Girls go to science camp?" Will said. "Suzie does. She's a genius..." he said. "Is she cute?" Mike said. I turn to give him a look. "What? You're the cutest in my eyes..." he said, wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

"Think of Phoebe Cates... only hotter" Dustin said, to Mike's question. I just hum softly, as we make our way out of the house. I can hear Will talking to Max and Lucas. I hear their rapid footsteps not long after.

***

We are now walking up the hill. I'm walking next to Mike, holding hands. "Isn't this high enough?" Lucas said, clearly exhausted. "No... Cerebro works better at 500ft..." Dustin said.

"Hey... you wanna get out of here?" Mike whispers to me. "But Dustin just got here. Won't he be upset?" I said. "It'll be fine... we'll just say it's your curfew..." he said.

"What about El?" I asked. "She'll come too. Right, El?" He said, turning to look at Eleven. She smiles and nods her head. I can see from her eyes that she's exhausted from going up the hill. She looks like she's only waiting for a reason to leave.

"Come on... let's leave" Mike said. I let out a sigh and nod my head. "Alright..." I said. He grins and place a quick kiss on my cheek.

"Hey, guys... we have to go" Mike said, turning to the others. They turn around to face us. "Why? We are nearly there" Dustin said. "I'm sorry... El and I have to go home..." I said. "Curfew..." Eleven said. Mike shows his watch.

"But we're almost there" Dustin said. The hurt look on his face makes my heart ache a little. "I'm sorry. Maybe next time. Good luck..." I said. "Alright, come on..." Mike said. The three of us turns around and make our way down the hill.

At Home

As soon as we reach home, Eleven head straight to her room. "I'm going to sleep. I'm exhausted..." she said, as she walks away. "Sleep well, sis..." I said. She turns to me and smile.

Mike and I walk make our way to my room. I climb onto the bed and Mike climbs on next to me. I smile at him. He reaches out and cup the side of my cheek, placing a soft kiss on my lips. I run my hand through his hair, kissing him back softly.

I hear a soft knock. We pull away. "Hey..." I hear dad said. "Yes?" I said. "Can I talk to you guys a minute?" He said. I make a small portal near me and by the door. I reach in and my arm appear next to the door. I grab the door knob and opens it.

I'm sitting with my back against the headboard, while Mike sits at the further edge of the bed. I'm kind of worried he might fall over. Dad walks to sit in front of us. We wait in silence for him to talk.

I move closer to Mike, letting our thigh touch each others'. He turns around and turn the radio off. I stare at him as he stays silent. I tilt my head a little, looking at him in confusion.

"We... I umm..." he said. I lift an eyebrow, wondering what he's trying to say. "Needed to say to you... what I wanted to say to you. Is that um..." he said. Then he turns silent again.

"Uh oh. I think we're in trouble..." Mike said, with a grin. I turn to give him a look, but giggles afterward. "No... no one's in trouble, okay? I just, uhh..." He said. Mike leans over so his lips is next to my ear.

"Your father didn't really rehearse what he's trying to say, did he?" He whispered. I let out a giggle at his comment. I can see annoyance in dad's face. He turn to focus on Mike.

"You know what? Your mom called" he said. Mike looks at him in confusion. "What?" He said. "She needs you home right now" dad said. "Is everything okay?" Mike said, looking worried. "I don't think so. It's your grandma..." he said. Mike turns to look at me. Then he follows dad out of my room.

Mike P.O.V

Hopper escorts me out of the house. "Is she dead?" I asked. "No..." he said. "Did she fall again?" I said. "No" he said. "Did she have cancer?" I asked, with my hand on his car. He turns to look at me. "No" he said.

"Then I don't understand. What's wrong with Nana" I said, getting inside the car. "Nothing... there's nothing wrong with Nana" he said. "What??" I said. "But... there's something very wrong with this thing between you and Y/N" he said. I can feel anger start to grow.

"Oh you lying piece of shit!" I said. I turn around to get out of the car. But the car door lock. I try to open it, only for it to lock again. I keep doing it a couple of times, only for the same thing to happen again.

"You're crazy!" I said, turning to look at him. "Crazy. Oh, I'll show you crazy. You disrespect me again..." he said. I look at him as I start to feel anxious.

"Okay? Here's what's going happen... I'm gonna drive you home. And I'll speak... and you're going to listen. And maybe... maybe by the end of the day. If you're lucky... okay, maybe. I will continue to allow you to date my daughter" he said. I just look at him in shock. He turn to look at me.

"Nod if you understand!" He said. I flinch at his tone and nod my head rapidly. He starts the car and start to drive. Man... he's scary. I'm sorry, Y/N... looks like I won't be able to see you tomorrow. Oh God, I really hope she won't be too mad at me.

*to be continued*