Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

Eventually, Max bandages my leg once the blood is stopped and the wound is cleaned. I give her a weak smile as a 'thank you,' and she smiles back. Just like Jonathan said... it hurts like hell.

-Trapped-

Y/N P.O.V

I lean against dad. He wrap his arm around me. The others talks about what had been happening, with the flayed monster and all. I feel so drained after all the fight.

The others are discussing the next step. Apparently, under this building there's a hidden lab. I was right after all. There's another gate that's opened around here. But now that we're at Starcourt, it's like below us.

Hopper, Joyce and Mr. Bauman will head there. The three of them will be in charge of closing the gate. Dustin will guide their way from here. But he said he's going to need a better signal. So he asked Steve to drive him to where he set the Cerebro. The rest of us will head somewhere safe, because the monster is after Eleven and I.

Dad turn his head to look at me. "Stay safe, dad..." I said, smiling sadly at him. Even though I don't know what awaits him down there. I know it's not going to be safe. There will be an enemy that will fight back. I feel so scared that he's going to get hurt.

"Hey, your dad is a strong man. Don't worry about me, okay?" He said, hugging me. I wrap my arms around his neck. "Please come back safely, dad..." I said, in a hush voice. "I will try my best..." he said, nodding his head. I tighten my arms around him. I pull away to let him say goodbye to Eleven.

Mike walks over to me. I wrap my arms around his shoulder. I stand up and smile sadly at dad. We turn around to walk away.

"Hey, Mike..." he said. We turn around. Mike looks at him with worry in his face. I think that he thinks he's in trouble. But dad just smiles at him. "Be safe, okay? And take care of my daughter. Goodluck" he said. Mike smiles at him and nods his head. I wave at him and walks away with the others.

"Seriously??" Mike complained when he realize we have to sit at the back. "Welcome to my world..." Will said. I let out a chuckle. "Oh, come on Mike. It can't be that bad" I said. Mike just rolls his eyes. He helps me get inside the car. Nancy starts the. But it didn't work.

"Your mom just bought this car, right?" Jonathan said. "Yes! It should be alright!" She said. I lift my hand, palms facing towards the machine. I try to start the car, but it didn't work.

"Jonathan. Check the engine... something's missing" I said. He nods his head. "Okay, open the cap Nance" he said, turning to look at Nancy. He gets out of the car and check the engine.

"Y/N's right. The ignition cable is gone" he said. I turn my head to look into the distance, and notice a car. My eyes widened when I realize who that is.

"That's Billy!" I said. "Everyone back inside the mall. Hurry!" Nancy said. She gets out of the car. Mike lift his hand to me. I place my hand on top of his, and get out of the car. He wraps my arm around his neck and guide me inside the mall. We rush through the mall, trying to look for a safe place to hide from Billy.

"No way that'll drive, right?" Nancy said. I turn my head to look at her. She's looking at the car El and I flipped, when we're trying to save Dustin and the others. Jonathan turns to look at where she's looking as well.

"No... we just need the ignition cable" he said. "I'll try to flip it over..." I said. I stand up in front of it, and try to flip the car using my power. No matter how hard I try to focus, it just didn't work. Eleven tries it too, but she fails as well. We look at each other with a worried face.

The others follows Mike's instruction to flip the car over. Jonathan quickly takes the ignition cable. I look up when I hear the sound of glass breaking. My eyes widened when I realize it's the flayed monster.

"Run!" I yelled. We scatter all over the place, trying to hide from the monster. Me, Mike, El and Max hide under a booth. I can hear the sound of heavy footsteps of the monster. Why can't I use my powers at a time like this?!

"Do you think if we make a run for the elevator, we'll make it?" Max said. Mike turns his head to where she's looking at and shakes his head. "No. Y/N's leg will be a problem" he said. "I know where..." El said. I turn to look at her.

She's points at The Gap. I take a peek to make sure the monster isn't looking. I nod at the others. We quickly make a run for it. But when we enter The Gap, but I accidentally knocked over something. We quickly move to hide, before the monster finds us.

The tentacle strikes a mannequin that wears similar outfit to me. Y/N... where are you, child? I hear his voice echoed in my head. I shake my head, trying to block out the voice.

"Come on, Y/N. We gotta run!" Mike said. He helps me stands up and we run towards the door. We keep running, far away from the building. Join me, Y/N... it's what you're meant to do he said. I start to feel a little dizzy.

I slow down and lean my back against the wall. I place a hand on my head, trying to sooth the pain. Mike rush back towards me. He place his hands on my shoulders.

"Y/N? You okay?" He said. I turn my head to look at him. My eyesight blurry. "Yeah... I'm okay, Mike" I said, taking a few deep breath. "Good... come on, Y/N. We have to get going" he said. I take a few steps, and collapse on the floor as the pain in my head start to get worse.

Mike P.O.V

I hear a loud thud and turn my head to see Y/N on the ground. "Y/N!" I yelled out. She's clutching her head as she screams in pain. I kneel down next to her. I gently pick her up, holding her closer against my chest.

"Y/N... breathe, Y/N. Come on!" I said. Her screams slowly dies down. She fall limp in my arms. Her eyes close as she lay still. I lift my hand and gently pat her cheek. "Y/N... Y/N, come on! Wake up!" I said.

Then...

*to be continued*