Chapter 5

*Carly's PoV*

"He asked you?" Carly said to Vanessa in shock. The two had just gotten back from class.

"I still can't believe it. I said I love you to him. And he said it back! Things couldn't be better." she replied.

"Well, you ready to meet Miles?" I asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said back, just as he arrived.

C: Who is that?

"Carly, this is Alya, a friend of mine

"Carly, this is Alya, a friend of mine. She wanted to meet you," Miles told me.

"I've heard a lot about you." Alya said.

"Well, this is Vanessa. We've been friends for forever." I said to him.

"C's told me a lot about you also," Vanessa added. "From what she's said you seem nice." I stepped to the side a bit and began talking to Alya alone.

"So, how do you know Miles?" Alya asked.

"We met briefly last year. I just happened to run into him a few days ago." I said. "You?"

"Freshman year," she said. "We dated for a bit, but it didn't really work out."

C: She's his ex?

C: She's his ex?

"Just so you know, the breakup was mutual; we thought just being friends would be best. I don't want you thinking I'm some clingy ex-girlfriend or anything," she added with a laugh.

C: *sigh of relief*

"Not to intrude, but what happened? Miles' friend Bianca had a serious-looking conversation with him about it the other day." I asked.

"Of course she did," Alya said as she rolled her eyes. "Well, It's just always been complicated with us. Whenever we were together, it felt like we were always fighting. I guess everyone assumed when we made up over the summer that we'd get back together, but I think we made the right choice." she said confidently. "Miles is great. And I'm glad he's spending time with you. I think having friends outside our circle is what he needs right now."