Authors Note

Wow. I finished a book. I wrote 26 chapters of something. I can't believe I did this.

I wanna say a huge thank you to everyone that's read it! I'm so thankful for you guys. It means so much to me that people are reading it and enjoying it!

I wanted to share a little bit of how this came to be and more info, so here you go!

I discovered Backstage when it first came out and fell in love. I loved how realistic it was. Most shows have 3 or 4 characters, where this show had 15+. You got to see high school from so many people's eyes. I also loved how they had separate lives; some main characters never interacted with other main characters at all. The drama felt real, the character development was great, and the overall story was amazing. Such a great show.

Now like most of us I was mad that we never got a season 3, and one day, out of boredom, I went to the internet to see if anyone had written any good stories about the show. Not finding what I was looking for, I figured I should try it myself, and I'm really proud of how it turned out.

I figured it would be cool to have lots of pictures, so when you read it you could picture the episode in your head. Best decision I ever made. Huge shoutout to TwoYoungRoses on YouTube for uploading all of S2; because of that I was able to download every episode and turn it into gifs. That took forever, and I currently have hundreds of pictures and gifs saved on my computer. (Sometimes, I'll find a good gif and write a section around it. The more visuals the better!)

Now I will admit this story has some continuity issues, and I wanna talk about that/the overall plot.

1) Keaton being saved. 

I wrote the first chapter on a whim one day and didn't write the second one until a long while after. For whatever reason, I never mentioned Keaton being saved at all. Not sure how I forgot it, but I did. Instead of re-writing a whole chapter, I decided just to put a note in the description.

2) Vanessa and Beckett getting together.

Not sure how I forgot that either, but I did. It wasn't until halfway through writing out the scene  that I remembered they already got together, so I just added a note. I really liked the writing; that's why I decided to keep it.

3) Carly and Miles.

This is the big one. Why this? Now I wanna start this off by saying I have nothing against Miles and Alya. I like them a lot. I just wanted something different. Something that was a challenge to write.

I also wanted a way to bring different characters together for the first time. So many of these stories just assume that all 15 of them become best friends overnight. That's not how it works! It takes time! I wanted to slowly build those connections in a realistic way. Plus, let's be real, Miles and Alya had their drama, and I think it was mainly because they all had the same friends. Having Miles date someone outside his circle minimized that.

Another thing I wanted to show was that Alya and Miles are still friends and nothing can change that. They have a bond there. They want what's best for each other. 

I'd love to answer any questions you guys may have on why I decided to do something, or how I came up with something, or anything. Ask away!

(Please ask, it would mean a lot)

Also, not sure if the story is over yet, but we'll see. (Any ideas for the next book? Let me know)

Thanks again guys! <3