Chapter 11

*Vanessa's PoV*

I entered school that morning feeling completely out of it. 

V: Auditions are this morning. I just want all of this to be over with.

"Hey Vanessa?" Beckett asked. 

V: What does he want?

"Can we talk?"

I just stood there, saying nothing. I wasn't in the mood.

"I'm sorry," he said, looking down. I could tell he meant it.

Reluctantly, I replied. As upset as I was, I knew I couldn't stay mad at him forever. "What?"

"Can you come with me to my audition?" he asked. The tone of his voice seemed desperate.

V: *sigh* Not for him. For Carly.

"Fine," I replied. I turned around and followed him into the practice room.

"You're both late," Mrs. Helswheel said as we entered.

V: Late?

"To the front!" she called. "I don't have time to waste here." 

The two of us headed to the front of the room, and I had a confused look on my face. I looked around for Carly but she was nowhere in sight.

"We're auditioning," Beckett whispered. 

I froze.

V: Auditioning? Is he serious? I didn't sign up!

"Mrs. Helswheel, I think you have a mistake-"

"Vanessa Morita and Beckett Bradstreet. First on my list. Now I don't have much time." 

"Just trust me," Beckett whispered

"Just trust me," Beckett whispered. "We got this."

I sighed and the music began to play. 

V: I'm gonna kill him for this.

And then, the two of us danced. 

We hadn't danced together since Prima camp. It all just felt so, natural. The way we moved together. Our bodies in a sync I'd never felt before. For not practicing at all, the two of us looked like we had been dancing together for a lifetime.