Chapter 22

32 hours to the dance.

*Vanessa's PoV*

"Chin up, back straight- Miss Morita we've practiced this," Helsweel said before turning off the music. "I need everyone to focus. We are running out of time. Sasha, you're up. And don't disappoint me the way Vanessa has."

V: Disappointed? Because my back was slightly bent? Is she out of her mind?

Sasha performed his routine. "Better," Helsweel replied. She got up from her seat and stood in front of everyone. "Now before you go, I wanted to discuss the proposal made by Miss Cato. Now after today's class, it is obvious that some of you need to put in more work," she said, glancing my way. "I am leaving the decision to cancel Friday's bonus rehearsal up to Vanessa. Dismissed."

"Did she really just imply that I suck and then make me decide if we should have practice or not?" I asked Sasha.

"She seems upset. But are you really gonna have everyone practice the night of the dance?"

I sighed before standing up. "Listen, everyone, I know the dance is on Friday and no one wants to practice before then. But Helsweel's right, we all need it."

"Some," a girl mumbled under her breath.

I turned. "Look I know no one wants this but it's important. That's why I'm suggesting a double practice today instead. And next time, maybe you should think before you talk like that in front of your captain. You all are free to go."

*Bianca's PoV*

"How'd your audition go?" I asked Jax and Miles before class.

"Pretty good," Miles said, "Scarlett seemed to like it."

"I don't wanna talk about it," Jax replied, crossing his arms.

J: Not my proudest moment.

"It wasn't that bad," Miles replied.

"Tell that to the kid in the nurse's office."

J: Like I said, not my proudest moment.