Chapter 14

*Beckett's PoV*

Carly walked into class and headed my way. "Your turn, come with me," she said.

"It's the middle of class. I can't," I replied.

"Well Helsweel said you have to. It's part of my new job," she said back.

I gave her a look. "Fine," I said, and the two of us headed next door. "Now what do you want?"

"I'm supposed to critique your part so far. Now show me what you've got." She took a seat and I began my routine. I hadn't come up with much yet, especially for my solo parts, but I performed the bit I had.

"I can't believe you're critiquing me," I said.

"We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you," she replied. "And you're rond de jambe was sloppy."

"Sloppy? It was not sloppy," I said back.

"You did fine otherwise. And you'll be glad to know that this is all we have to do."

I smiled. "Thanks for wasting my time. I'm gonna go back to class now."

"Bring Vanessa in here would you?" she asked.

B: This I wanna see.

"Sure thing," I replied, heading out. A few seconds later I was back with V.

Carly eyed me still standing there. "I said you could go now."

"I know. I just wanna see Vanessa's part," I replied.

"So I'm just showing you what I have so far?" she asked. Carly nodded. Then Vanessa did her routine and made her way to the two of us.

"That was perfect," Carly said. "I have nothing to add."

I stood there stunned. "You said that I was sloppy, and Vanessa's is perfect? She was good but come on," I replied dumbfounded.

"I meant what I said. And it's not like you won't get better," she replied.

"So you're really gonna tell my mo-, Hellsweel, that I was sloppy?" I replied.

"No, I'm gonna tell her that you did good but have places to improve. Like everyone else. Besides Vanessa's been the only perfect one so far," Carly replied.

"Maybe you just need a little more practice?" Vanessa questioned.

"Maybe someone should stop picking favorites," I replied as I left.

...

*Miles' PoV*

"Now I know lunch is after this but we do still have class," Park said from the front of the room. "I need everyone to settle down." Everyone stopped talking and faced the front.

" Everyone stopped talking and faced the front