Chapter 12

*Carly's PoV*

"That was fast," I replied, heading over to join the rest of the class.

"Guys, GUYS!" Jenna screamed. "We got the lead!" She then ran over to Sasha who picked her up and spun her around.

"I'm so proud of us," he said as he set her down.

Vanessa moved forward to read the list for herself. "Wait, there are two sets of leads? We got a lead!"

"Wait what?" Beckett questioned as he walked into the room, setting his duffel on the floor.

Vanessa walked over towards him. "The lead. We got it," Vanessa said blushing.

"Are you serious?" he asked. "That's amazing V."

I took a look at the list myself to find my name was missing.

"Miss Cato?" Helsweel asked from the other side of the room. "May I have a word?"

I headed her way. "I'm assuming you just saw your name was not on the list of roles," she said. I nodded. "There is a reason for that. You failed to audition, is that correct?" she asked.

"Yes," I replied.

"Well a little bird told me that you were getting Vanessa to audition, is that correct?"

C: How did she know?

"That's correct," I replied, trying to handle the situation as professionally as I could. It was Helsweel after all.

"I was hoping that Vanessa would audition in some form; learning she wasn't going to did not make things easy for me. Thank you."

I was shocked. "You're welcome," I said, uncertain of what she would say next.

"While it isn't fair to give a part to someone who did not audition... You will have a role, but it will be slightly different. Your new title is winter recital coordinator. Essentially, my assistant."

C: Assistant?

C: Assistant?

"I need someone to help come up with ideas and to make sure that everyone is prepared; this is an entirely new role I've created for this show. I would give it to our Prima captain, but seeing as though she didn't want to audition in the first place, she isn't the right fit. If you would like a minor role as well you may have one, but this is a big responsibility and I need you to make sure you can handle it."