Leonardo x Reader - I've Got Nothing To Lose

Whew, this turned out longer than it was supposed to.

You walked down a dark New York street, hands stuffed deep into your hoodie pockets and arms pressed close to your body in an effort to keep yourself warm. The wind blew harshly against your face, the cold air stinging your eyes and making you squeeze them shut for a moment, before opening them again so you could see.

Not that there was much to see. The streets in this part of town were so dark that you could barely see any detail of your surroundings. But it wasn't like you were paying much attention anyway.

You were caught up in your thoughts, eyebrows furrowed as you replayed a conversation from earlier, getting more upset by the words that were said by the minute. You weren't even sure why this specific conversation had made you so mad, or why your thoughts were still lingering on it. It usually took a lot to get to you, and on any normal basis, this wasn't what you would consider a lot.

But for some reason, this little.... discussion, that you'd had with a certain blue clad turtle, struck a nerve.

Who knows what caused it. Maybe it was how he spoke to you like he had some right to question what you did and how you did it. Maybe it was because he would never even give you the time of day unless it was to criticize your tactics. Maybe it was just the fact that he was the one saying the words.

Your fists clenched in your pockets as your thoughts continued to rage, thinking about that stupid dispute. Remembering each and every little detail of what happened.

You and the turtles walked into the lair after patrol, you and Raph bumping shoulders and laughing as you recalled the battle that had taken place only moments ago.

You stepped infront of Raph and turned to face him, making a show of holding an imaginary sword above your head, imitating a Foot soldier. You narrowed your eyes at the red clad turtle as you repeated the words the Foot soldier had said, "You are all nothing but scum in my eyes. You have disrupted Shredder's plans for too long, and will die by my sword!" Then you lunged forward, and over exaggerated the part where the soldier tripped over his own feet, then fell and hit his head, knocking himself unconscious.

You both burst out laughing again, holding onto each other for support as you almost collapsed from laughing too hard. "Do-don't forget about the part where the other one tripped over him!" You erupted into uncontrollable laughter again as you acted that part out as well. You stepped back a couple feet, then 'stumbled' backward, letting out a high pitched scream as you came crashing down.

You both were rolling on the floor at this point, having absolutely no control over your laughter. Until someone, very loudly, cleared their throat.

You both looked up to find Leo standing there with his arms crossed and a stern expression on his face. You both stood up and faced him, while Raph mock cleared his throat, imitating Leo. Leo shot him a pointed glare, before turning to you, eyes cold.

"(Y/n), I'd like to speak to you for a moment." He said in his leader voice. You muttered an, "Okay." And Leo turned and started walking to the dojo. You followed behind him, shooting a confused look at Raph as you passed him, to which he just shrugged.

You turned your eyes forward again as you walked, and found Leo already standing by the door to the dojo, gaze fixed on you. You gulped, slightly worried about whatever it was he wanted to talk to you about.

He stayed in place as you approached him, simply gesturing for you to go into the room with his arm. You eyed him as you walked by, noting that his expression hadn't changed even the slightest bit. Still a stern look and cold eyes.