Raphael x Reader - Not Hate, Just Jealousy

Raph rolled his eyes as he watched you and Mikey from across the room. Both of you were laughing about who knows what, all cheery and care-free.

Raph couldn't even think of a time when he'd seen you without a smile on your face, it was like it was glued on. You were just this little ball of joy, that nothing could bring down. Not his snide comments, not his bad attitude that usually affected everyone else's mood, nothing.

He would be lying if he said that he hadn't intentionally been trying to make you mad lately. Often making comments about your clothes, your looks, things you say, anything to get to you. But it did nothing. All you would do was continue smiling, and give him some smart comeback.

By now, it had gotten to him so much, that his thoughts were always revolving around you. Or more specifically, ways to make you upset. Comments he could make, things he could do to annoy you, just anything he could do to wipe that smile off of your face.

But considering he was still thinking about it, I'm sure you can tell how it's gone so far.

He had been trying so hard. Watching and listening to figure out what your pet peeves are, what you hated, what might trigger some emotion besides happiness. But, nothing got to you. Nothing made you mad, or sad, or even a little irritated.

Honestly, it wasn't that he hated you or anything, your constant cheery mood just irritated him. And there's no way that someone smiling constantly was even natural, right? Like, you've gotta make some other expression at some point.

After staring at you for a while, you eventually caught his glare, and just smiled and waved at him. He rolled his eyes and looked away from you, turning to the tv, where Leo sat, watching Space Heros. Again.

Whether Raph realized it or not, Leo hadn't even been watching the show. He had caught Raph glaring at you, again, and immediately forgot about Space Heros.

Most people didn't notice how Raph acted towards you, since he tended to throw attitude at everyone, but Leo saw the difference. He saw how he would stop teasing Mikey as soon as you came around to start teasing you instead. And how the only things he ever said to you were snide comments.

He couldn't understand why Raph seemed to hate you so much. You were a really nice person, always trying to brighten someone's day or help someone out. Heck, you always tried to brighten Raph's day even though he was mean to you, always saying that phrase, 'Treat others as you want to be treated.'

Leo always said that if Raph was living by the same saying, that it meant that he wanted you to treat him like crap. Which was technically true.

Leo turned around to look at Raph again, to see him staring off at who knows what. It was obvious that he had something on his mind, considering he hadn't complained about Leo's choice of television to watch.

"So what's up with you?" He asked, watching as Raph's gaze flicked over to him, eyes cold.

"Nothing." He stated, crossings his arms over his chest. "What's up with you?" Leo simply ignored his question and focused on his first answer. "Raph, you've been sitting there glaring at (y/n) for the last ten minutes."

Raph leaned back into the couch. "So?"

"What do you have against her?" He asked, getting to his point. Raph's gaze went to you, eyes still cold, and watched as you threw a playing card down, then threw your hands up victoriously, all while smiling. Then you once again caught his gaze, and he immediately looked back to Leo.

"Nothing."

Then all heads turned towards you as you called out, "I'm heading home you guys! See ya later!" Then you headed to the entrance, Raph calling, "Not seeing you would work too!" You just laughed and walked out.