Mikey x Reader - The Dare

The sound of your fast footsteps echoed off of the dark walls of the sewer as you made your way to the lair as quick as you possibly could, an enormous grin on your face.

Then you glanced down at the small item held in your hand and your grin only grew bigger.

For weeks, Mikey's been going on and on about this new video game he saw that was 'SO COOL!', and saying that he was gonna start cutting back on buying pizza so that he had the money to buy it.

But, as much as you wanted to believe him, you knew there was no way he could 'cut back on pizza', and that had only been proven over the weeks when he'd buy five pizzas at a time, then after they were gone he'd start wailing because he just then remembered that he was supposed to save the money.

You felt bad about the whole thing, that he had to practically give up the thing he loved the most to get the game, and you could tell that his brothers' patience was running thin, judging by the extreme eyeroll they gave everytime he started crying after they ate.

So, you decided to be a good best friend, to him and his brothers, and buy the game for him.

And now your excitement about seeing his reaction was making you walk to the lair twice as fast as usual, and making your face start to hurt because of the smile that wouldn't go away.

.....

After a few minutes, when the turnstiles at the entrance to the lair finally came into view, you almost broke into a run to get there quicker, but ended up deciding against it.

But that small distance felt like miles as you walked towards it. The darkness of the tunnel fading painfully slow, until you eventually hopped over the turnstiles and were engulfed by the bright lively air of the turtles' home.

The smile took over every part of your face when entered the main room, seeing all of the guys sitting in the living room.

"Mikey, I got you something." You called in a sing-songy voice, just waiting for him to shoot up from his spot infront of the tv and rush over to you asking what it is.

But that didn't happen.

The second the words left your mouth, he screamed. And not an excited kind of scream, a terrified kind.

Then he jumped up from his seated position, threw his hands over his face, and went running towards his room like a bat out of hell, screaming,

"I DIDN'T SEE HER!"

Your eyes were wide as you watched him, and before you got the chance to ask him what was wrong, he ran face first into a wall, and fell over.

Raph started laughing his ass off, Leo and Donnie rolled their eyes, and you rushed over to him to make sure he was okay.

But before you even got half way to him, he jumped back up and ran to his room, slamming the door behind him.

You just stood there a moment, dumbfounded.

That was definitely not the reaction that you were expecting. Everytime you came to the lair, he'd run towards you, not from you. But now it seemed like he was geniunely terrified of you. What did you do?

Your eyes eventually floated from the door to his room over to his brothers, where Raph was still chuckling to himself, and Leo and Donnie looked like they wanted to smack him.

You looked at them expectantly, figuring that they had to know something, but Leo and Donnie averted their eyes immediately, and Raph just poorly tried to hide his smirk.

"What's wrong with him?"

Raph just shrugged, laying down on the couch with his arms behind his head, his smirk now more obvious.