Raphael x Reader - A Rescuer

Warning: Mentions of abuse.

Something was definitely up.

Raph wasn't sure what made him think so, it was just a gut feeling that wouldn't go away. A constant nagging in the back of his mind, that kept him constantly glancing over at you.

Any time you'd look his way, probably feeling his eyes on you, he'd look back at the comic book in his lap quickly, pretending to be totally engulfed in it, when in reality he'd forgotten what it was even about. He wouldn't admit it out loud, but from the second you'd walked into the lair that night, he had hardly taken his eyes off of you.

He was too worried to.

You just seemed so distant. Your eyes had a hollow look to them, like your spirit had up and left your body at some point, leaving an empty shell. And he'd definitely noticed how you constantly spaced out, only laughing it off and dismissing it as being kinda tired when someone asked.

Everyone else believed you, just going back to their converations like normal.

But not Raph. He could tell by the slightly too wide smile that you threw on randomly that it was a lie. Something was wrong, and you didn't want them to know about it.

And that made him worry even more.

He blinked as a set of green fingers snapped infront of his face, stunning him for a second, before he eventually shot a glare to the person the fingers belonged to.

Swatting Leo's hand away aggressively, he folded his arms and let a scowl settle on his features.

"Keep your goody-two-shoe hands outta my face." He growled, Leo only rolling his eyes in response before repeating what he'd said before, but with a little bite to his words this time out of irritation.

"As I was saying," He glared. "(y/n)'s staying over. So unless you want her to sleep on the extremely uncomfortable couch, you should let her sleep in your room, since you're the only one with an extra bed."

Raph's eyes flicked over to you, to find you staring at the floor, obviously zoned out again as you looked as though you'd heard nothing that had been said. His eyes narrowed slightly, still trying to figure out what was going on, as he simply nodded.

He stood up from the couch, throwing his comic book to the side as he walked over to you with his eyes fixed on your face, that was still angled towards the floor.

Your expression looked so far away, like whatever you'd been thinking had taken you right out of the room, and to some far off land. And whatever was in that far off land, must have not been good.

You looked horrible.

Well, not you, you were fucking gorgeous. It just looked like whatever had been going through your head was horrible... Your skin looked pale, like you'd seen some scary shit, and your empty eyes went right along with it.

He shook his head to shake his thoughts for the moment, and cleared his throat, your head snapping upward at the sound, obviously startled.

His breath caught slightly when you looked at him. Your big (e/c) eyes reminding him of a caged animal. Absolutely terrified. He wondered in complete disbelief how no one else had noticed. Or how he hadn't noticed before now, as whatever pain that lied behind your eyes pierced his very soul.

He regained his bearings after a moment, clearing his throat as quietly as possible, and glanced away from your eyes when he spoke.

"Um, you can stay in my room..." He muttered, motioning for you to follow him as he walked away, which you did after a moment of hesitation, picking up your backpack along the way.