Raphael x Demon!Reader - Sunshine (2012 Request)

Request from TMNTFanGirl2245. As promised, your very own one shot! Obviously the reader is kind of based off of Nezuko from Demon Slayer, but I like to be somewhat original and made some small tweaks.

...ok, major tweaks tbh, but I find something being written exactly like the story to be boring so.... Yeah. And I also majorly changed up the kraang invasion.

Hope you enjoy!!!

(Just a warning, it's long. And to fit the request, Raph may seem a bit softer than his usual self)

~~~

~~~

~~~

A good majority of your life, all you had known was tragedy. Life had twisted and turned in every possible way to throw you off and beat you down.

Almost any bad that you can think of, had probably befallen you at some point. Pain? Yup. Torture? Yes. Losing those closest to you? Also yes.
And this streak of bad luck started with losing your family.

Things had been so good before then. Your life was basically perfect. But the only downside to things being good, is that the evil in the world will just attack harder and harder until the good is extinguished.

And evil had been exactly what had come after, in the most concentrated form imaginable. A form that so many people in the world doubt the existence of.

Demons.

Yeah, hard to believe right? But it's true.

You had lived on a farm with your family until you were fourteen, and had been at school when it happened. Or most of it at least. And once you got back home and walked onto that porch that you had crossed over every day of your life, instead of being welcomed by the inviting smell of your mother's cooking, you walked into a house that you barely even recognized.

Blood was splattered everywhere, the usually pristine furniture broken and coated in the deep red liquid, along with the walls and the almost indistinguishable bodies of your parents and sibling(s).

They were torn to shreds. Parts that were never supposed to be let from the barrier that your skin created laying in shambles on the floor.

The entire situation was almost a complete blur after that point, except that you had a clear recollection of not being able to breathe, like the air had just been knocked from your lungs. And then there was clear image of a shadow, lurking in your peripheral.

It moved fast, lunging towards you, and still having no clue what it was, you ran.

Your vision was so blurry that you couldn't even tell where you were going, but soon found yourself stumbling through an overgrown part of the woods near your house.

You ran and ran, your breathing ragged as you tried to escape, but it always seemed to be right behind you, like it was just toying with you. But eventually it stopped playing and caught you, tackling you to the ground, and you were powerless against it.

Barely registering what happened next, all you could seem to feel was searing pain all over, increasing by the minute, burning your insides and skin and slowly turning your vision black.

You'd screamed. So loud, all for nothing, because it didn't cease. Just continued its agonizing torture throughout your body.

Everything darkened, till it was like looking through heavily tinted glass, and you could feel your consciousness slipping away from you.

Just when you began to dwell on the thought that this was the end, and that there was no escape from what was happening, there was a jolt in your chest.