Raph x Reader - Fear Of Heights (2012 Request)

Request from PJOSuperfan. Seriously can not even say how much I love the setting for this.

I'm hoping it turned out okay, I was pretty well winging it because I myself am not really afraid of heights. But I have had panic attacks before so, yeah.....

But putting my overthinking everything aside, I hope you enjoy this!

~~~

~~~

~~~

Ever since you and Raph had started dating, you'd somewhat taken it upon yourself to be his sense of normalcy.

You knew that the red masked turtle struggled with accepting the way that he was, more so than his brothers, even though he acted like he couldn't care less. So you tried to do everything in your power to make it so he didn't look at himself so critically.

It had proved difficult sometimes. He was very stubborn, and it took a lot to convince him, but at this point you could safely say that he knew without a doubt that you thought he was hot stuff.

But even with your reassurance, you knew that he still longed to be normal in other people's eyes. And that sadly, that seemed completely impossible.

Or.... it had.

Your thumb nail was stuck between your front teeth as you unconsciously chewed on it, leaning against the makeshift kitchen table and glancing around as Donnie finished his presentation and left everyone completely speechless.

Raph was the first to speak up. Which was kind of surprising in the situation, cause you would've figured that Mikey would've jumped right on this.

"So you're sayin' we could be human?"

Him saying the words in such a basic way compared to how Donnie had, made it seem so much more real. The depth of what the purple masked turtle was telling you all fully sinking in now.

Your thumb dropped from your mouth at your boyfriend's summary of the rant, your now wide eyes locking with his for a moment before Donnie spoke again.

"Not exactly," He picked up one of the four watches that sat in front of him on the table and pointed at the bottom of it. "Basically, these little sensors, that touch your skin when you where it, link up with the outermost layer of your skin, and by doing so create a cloaking effect that I programmed into it. Which makes you essentially become human on the outside, as long as your wearing it. It doesn't actually change us genetically at all."

There was only silence that followed, everyone staring at the little devices in disbelief.

Donnie was telling them that they could look like humans now, and blend in with people. They could go out in public and not be ridiculed or feared.

They could be normal.

"DIBS ON FIRST TRY!"

Ah, there was the reaction you were waiting for.

You grinned slightly as Mikey practically jumped over the table to grab one, almost making Donnie fall over as he bumped into him.

"Mikey, would you be careful?"

Donnie's scolding fell on deaf ears with the youngest turtle, as he quickly strapped the little device onto his green wrist, eyes sparkling.

And as soon as it was secured in its place, a sudden bright light ran over Mikey's body, making you all cover your eyes.

"Yeesh, the flash is convenient." Raph complained, him and Donnie swapping glares.

"Well I can't really help tha-"