Donnie x Reader - Love You Too?

You want some good advice?

Then ask someone else.

I gave someone advice before. I helped someone. And all it did was make me absolutely miserable.

I was just trying to be a good friend, I didn't actually think that it would end up the way it did. I was just trying to make him feel better about himself. Just, you know, giving some friendly advice.

But in the end, he actually followed my friendly advice, and it worked. He got what he wanted.

And me? I got my heart broke into a million little pieces, because I cared about his happiness more than my own.

But, would I change anything I did?

No.

Because I still care about his happiness more than my own, and I probably always will.

I finally managed to tear my eyes away from the perfect couple that were sitting on the couch opposite to me. Finally pulling myself out of the hole of depression that I fell into whenever I looked at them.

They really were perfect for each other. They look great together, they get along great, heck, her first name even sounds good with his last.

April Hamato.

Okay, maybe jumping a little far ahead there with the whole marriage thing, but still, her name sounds better than mine.

(Y/n) Hamato. Tsk, that sounds so lame compared to her's.

I wish it wasn't so hard for me to be happy for them, I really do. He's my best friend, I should be nothing but happy and supportive. But, I'm not. At least, not infront of them I'm not.

When they're around, it's just smiles and 'You guys are so cute together! I can't believe you didn't get together sooner!' You know, being a good friend and all that. But when they're gone, I'm just wishing that it was me in April's place. I would give anything for that to be me. For him to look at me like he does her, to hold my hand and give me that adorable smile, to tell me that he loves me. But, it's not, and it's my fault. I could've told him how I felt, I had plenty of opportunities to, but instead, I put my feelings aside, and helped him get with a girl who isn't me.

Do I regret it? Yeah. But, if I had a do over, I would do the exact same thing. Because I'm 'an amazing best friend'. Or so Donnie has told me.

I only realized that I had fallen into my thoughts again when I felt someone nudge my side. I looked over to see Raph giving me an odd look.

"What?" I asked, getting a questioning eyebrow raise in response before he said, "I've said your name three times. You still on Earth over there?" I just laughed it off and spout out a quick sorry.

"Seriously though, where's your head at? You've been really out of it." He said, turning back to the tv, where some random cartoon was playing, but you can't really tell what it is because Mikey is sitting directly infront of the screen and blocking everyone elses view.

Before I could respond, April and Donnie stood up from the couch and headed towards Donnie's lab. My eyes followed them as they walked hand in hand into the lab, then closed the door behind them.

I kept my gaze fixed on the metal doors for a moment more, before eventually looking away, and being met with Raph's gaze, a huge smirk on his face.

"Donnie, huh?" He stated, more than asked, causing me to raise an eyebrow at him. "What about Donnie?"

He just shook his head and looked away from me, smirk still stuck on his face. "I'm not Mikey ya know. I can tell you like him."

My eyes widened, but before I could argue with him, he held up a hand and shook his head. "Don't even try to deny it. It's way to obvious." So, knowing that there was no point in arguing with him, I just sighed and let my head fall back against the couch. "Yeah, whatever. You got me. So what, are you gonna go tell him and make my life even more miserable?"