TMNT x Reader - Popsicles?(2012 Request)

Request from CocoBean47. Here you go! This took wayyyyyy longer than it was supposed to, but it's finally done! Apologies that it's not longer. My free time has been cut drastically and I've had very few ideas lately. It's really wayyy too short for my liking, but I finally got an idea and just wanted to post it.
But I hope it's at least close to what you were hoping for!

Anyway, enjoy!

~~~~

~~~~

~~~~

Your breathing was slightly ragged as you exited the dojo, your hand reaching up to wipe the heavy layer of sweat from your reddened face. The last few hours had been intense, and there was only one thing on your mind right now.

And that was finding some way to cool down.

"I just had to ask in the middle of summer..." You grumbled to yourself, wondering why you hadn't waited at least a couple more months before asking Splinter to train you in ninjitsu.

At the time, it had seemed like a great idea. Learn how to defend yourself, maybe be able to patrol with the guys eventually, have a reason to spend more time at the lair... The list goes on.

What you hadn't thought about, was that the summer heat managed to find its way underground, and intense ninja training was not the most preferable thing to do in 80+ degree weather.

As you passed through the living room, you grabbed a comic that one of the guys had left on the couch and began using it as a makeshift fan as you continued towards the kitchen.

You remembered that you had brought some ice cream with you one of the last times you visited the lair, and you'd left it here. Now you were just hoping that it was still in the freezer and hadn't been devoured by Mikey.

Entering the kitchen, you stood at the table and began unwinding the wrappings that were around each of your hands, glancing at the freezer multiple times during the process.

Once you'd freed yourself from the wraps, a smile took over your face as you walked to the freezer, anticipation building up for the cold treat you hoped was still there.

Your hand rested on the handle, about to open the door, when you heard a thud behind you.

You spun around quickly, heart rate jumping immediately, only to find Mikey faceplanted on the floor.

Your eyebrow quirked up and you smiled uncertainly as you looked at him, not exactly surprised, but wondering what he'd done this time.

"Uh, Mikey," You tilted your head. "You okay?"

His head turned towards you, a strained smile taking over his freckled complexion as he gave you a thumbs up.

"Yeah dudette, all good! Just uh... You know, giving the floor a hug." He spread his arms out as if to prove the point.

Before you could even question that, he was suddenly pulled out of your sight by his feet, a squeal erupting from his lips.

"....Mikey?"

"Uhhh... I love you too, floor!"

You rolled your eyes, figuring you didn't want to ask because you probably wouldn't understand the explanation.

You turned around once again, reaching for the freezer, fingers just inches away.... When someone cleared their throat behind you.

You clenched your jaw for a second, retracting your hand slowly and trying to remain calm. It's fine.

Straightening out your expression, you turned back around, both eyebrows shooting up this time.

All of the turtle brothers were now standing in the doorway, hands behind their backs, smiling 'innocently' at you.

"Hey (y/n)! Are you and Master Splinter done training?" Leo asked, side glancing at his brothers as he spoke.

Your expression turned suspicious, wondering what was going on, but you nodded none the less.

"Yeah, we're done. Why?"

"Oh, just wondering." He smiled.

Then there was just silence.

You looked between them, wondering why they were still standing there, when Leo 'discreetly' elbowed Donnie's side, making the purple clad turtle's eyes widen.

"O-oh! You probably want to cool down after that! You look really hot!"

Another beat of silence, and his eyes widened again.

"T-temperature wise! I-I didn't mean- I wasn't calling you hot! But n-not that you aren't h- just cause it's-" Raph's hand clamped over his mouth to cut off his rambling, his eyes still on you as he spoke through gritted teeth, "She gets it Donnie."

This is getting weird...

"Guys, is everything okay?" You asked, and all of their smiles were sooo strained by now.

You got a series of 'Yes's, before Mikey spoke up.

"We just thought we could help you cool down a bit! Sooo....." He grinned really big before finally showing his hands, which were holding,

"Ta-da! Popsicle!"

You blinked, about to open your mouth to respond when Leo spoke up again.

"Yeah, nothing helps to cool you down more than a blue-raspberry popsicle!" He then showed his hands, holding out a blue popsicle in your direction.

"Puh-lease, strawberry is wayyy better than blue-raspberry." Raph argued, holding out a red popsicle, getting a glare from Leo.

"I think it's obvious that grape is superior to both of those." Donnie chimed in, holding out a purple one.

All of them glared at each other as Mikey spoke up, "Oh yeah? Well, they're not as good as...." He glanced at his popsicle, that was yellow, with a frown. "...Lemon..."

All of them now looked at you expectantly, holding the cold treats in your direction with hopeful looks.

You got the feeling that this didn't actually have anything to do with popsicles.... You knew what they were really getting at. What you didn't know, was how to get out of this situation...

You glanced to the side, seeing the freezer, that had been your main objective since you finished training, and you got an idea of how to answer the question without actually having to answer it.

You reached out, finally opening the door, and there it was.

A box of chocolate covered ice cream bars.

You felt relief wash over you as you quickly grabbed one, turning back to the boys, who now looked confused.

You held it up saying, "Um, I'm just gonna have ice cream..." Then walked past them shaking your head with a grin at what had just happened.

The turtles all looked at each other, silent until Raph eventually just took a bite out of his popsicle, saying, "Well that backfired."

"I actually kind of feel better though." Donnie stated, and the others nodded in agreement. Leo smiling slightly, "Yeah, I guess it's better this way."

They all then proceeded to walk to the living room where you sat on the couch watching TV, munching on the popsicles and feeling relieved.

Mikey hung behind though, squinting at the freezer for a good minute before widening his eyes and running after them.

"Does this mean Ice Cream Kitty is her favorite?!"