*24*

After that, the party continued as normal, I danced some more and talked to my friends until late, then when I got tired Maia and Jake drove me home.

The weeks passed by and I was completely happy, my life was back to normal, and even though Kirsten would still come to school, she didn't mess with me anymore, she just stayed away as far as possible from me and my friends, I went back to have lunch with my friends as usual, I was back in my normal schedule and I couldn't wish for more happiness.

About Albert, I still try to convince myself that we can't be a thing, for much as I'd like to, I'm happy being his friend and it's better to have him close like that than to risk and lose our friendship, as for my admirer, he came back and the letters carried on every day, making me feel loved, my self-esteem was everyday higher and higher, I've never felt better with myself, and at the same time I was falling for Z again.

One of these normal days, after I checked my locker and read the note, I walked back to my classroom to see Jack sitting down, in front of him Ann was standing with her arms crossed, they were discussing something, it was odd since well Jack didn't like Ann at all, and she's not that sociable anyway, I walked to them and sat down next to Jack.

Jack: Why me? You're the president of the student council!

Ann: Because you were the president last year! And I told you the issue already!

Jack: I can't do it all by myself!

Ann: well listen here, I did the masquerade party all by myself and now since these idiots cant respect anything I do for them, you better find a way of making it interesting!

I listened to their conversation confused, they still didn't notice I was there listening

Jack: But it's not my responsibility!

Ann: I asked the principal about it and he suggested you organize it!

Jack: And I'm supposed to prepare everything?

Ann: Well yeah

Jack: Can people help me?

Ann: Sure, but as long as they're just as smart as you are

Yn: Sorry to interrupt but, what are you talking about?

Jack: I'll tell you later

Ann: Will you do it or not?

Jack: Ugh! it's not like I have other choice now, do I?!

Ann: Good, that's what I thought!

She then walked away, I looked confused at Jack who seemed annoyed and slightly angry

Yn: ...What happened?

He looked at me

Jack: Remember the dance?

Yn: Yeah?

Jack: Remember the music? The food? The decorations?

Yn: ...Yes?

Jack: And remember it was absolute trash?!

I laughed

Yn: It wasn't that bad-

Jack: Yn no one wanted to go and the people that did hated it!

Yn: And what does that have to do with you?

Jack: The lower grades are unhappy, they complained to Ann

Yn: And?

Jack: She wants to organize another dance

I opened my eyes

Yn: What?! How are they gonna do that?

Jack: I have no idea and to make it worse, guess what!