*38*

Things kept going by slowly, for two weeks or so people just stared at me and my friends no matter what, it was a truly weird feeling, Mark hasn't talked with any of us and the worst part is that he's getting closer and closer to Kirsten and back to the popular guys, he sits with them at lunch and they hang out every day, Jack is the one that hasn't given up yet and he keeps trying to get Mark back, however he just ignores him, the atmosphere is always weird in the school grounds now, I'm getting sick of the people looking at me and whispering or laughing and I wish I knew what was going on, some days passed and the stares and whispers stopped only to get a lot worse, suddenly, with no first warning at all, people started calling me names, it was weird, I forced myself to ignore it but it got more and more frequent; "freak" "weird" "nerd" every day, mornings and afternoons, I started doing something I haven't done in months, which is running away. Every day before someone can get closer to me to call me names I run away, I either run to Albert's locker to try and hide in his arms, who eventually learned to defend me, or I would just run to the bathroom until the bell rang, I couldn't focus in class I kept trying to be positive and find the bright side but it wasn't happening, and the worst part is that my friends aren't taking it any better.

Maia started leaving school early, people make fun of her for being curvy, so they call her "chubby" or "roundy" her stress is on the sky, and she's always suffering back pain, she tries to act tough and cold about it, as if she really didn't care, but she does care, I know she does. As for her boyfriend, it is weird, Jake being strong and tall is not helping him, someone started a rumor about Jake hitting Maia (which is obviously false!) so people often avoid him or push him to the side when walking in the hallways. Kaden breaks my heart, he's quiet, he doesn't talk or laugh like he used to anymore, he's uncomfortable most of the time, he's looking down and sad every day and whenever he does talk, it's about how much he misses Raven, who simply ghosted him totally, as for Jack he's upset most of the time, people call him "highlighter" or "loser" all the time, so he keeps considering about dyeing his hair back to brown, he often calls me early in the morning because he can't sleep, I have to answer and comfort him for a few minutes, after that he feels sleepy again and hangs up.

As for Albert, he's the one who's taking this in the worse way, some people started a rumor about him being manipulative with me and stuff, some girls came closer to me and asked me if it was true, they seemed truly concerned and even offered to call the police for me, I immediately denied everything and told them not to believe such things, Albert's always angry and in a bad mood, people don't try to push him or call him names, he defends himself, I was walking with him down the hall las Wednesday, some dude pushed him on purpose and laughed, I tried to get Albert out of here but he turned around and pushed with both of his arms the guy down, he hit the ground and frowned at us, I then grabbed Albert's hand and dragged him away from there, as I said, he's always angry and mad, he started to sleep less and he's constantly getting In trouble again for pushing people away, or cursing at people when defending me.

My life was going great and now all of a sudden, it's back underground.

Watching Mark having so much fun with his new friends hurts my heart, and it makes me feel terrible with myself, I felt guilty. But I mean I still enjoy school; I try to stay positive and encourage my friends to feel better, I always have to calm Albert down before he explodes but apart from that, he's sweet with me and kisses me like a psycho when he has the chance. I try to keep our relationship as happy as it was in the beginning but still, the terrible shadows of our surroundings made it really hard for us.

The days went by, I followed my boring and dull routine and ended up in school in front of my locker, I stared at the red metal door for a while ad it dragged me out of my thoughts, and I started to dive in past memories, when Mark wasn't even my friend yet, and when I still didn't trust Albert, everything seemed so simple and sweet and I just don't understand how things came to this.