*34*

I walked to my house, each of my steps made me feel worse and worse, I was deep in a void of frustration and anger. I couldn't even think straight anymore, I'm meeting my admirer tomorrow and the only thing I care about right now is my friends.

And Albert of course

Gosh dang it Kirsten! Why did you had to move here in the first place?!

As I was walking I tried to reorder my thoughts and keep my anger for later, I tried to think about the moral advice my dad taught me, and in the end I finally decided that I needed to fix things as soon as possible or else I won't sleep tonight, I stopped on my tracks and looked at the street for a while.

If the next car that passes by is white, I'll go to Maia's house

I waited there a few seconds when a white Nisan passed by me, I smiled to myself and then started to walk my way to Maia's house, on the way I also decided to call my dad, I took my phone out and dialed his number, I placed my phone next to my ear and waited a few seconds, after a while he picked up.

Dad: Hello?

Yn: Hey dad!

Dad: Hey pumpkin what's up?

Yn: I'll arrive a little late today

Dad: Why?

Yn: I need to go to Maia's house

Dad: Oh!

Yn: Yup...

Dad: ...

Yn: ...

Dad: Is Albert with you?

I laughed

Yn: No, he's not with me

Dad: Fine, then be careful

Yn: I will, love you

Dad: Love you more- hey wait!

Yn: Yeah?

Dad: Could you bring sushi on the way?

I laughed

Yn: Dad you're on a diet!

Dad: But today's a special day!

Yn: Really? What day is it?

Dad: It's uh-... Monday!

We laughed

Yn: Do you want California rolls?

Dad: Yes and get some avocado rolls too

I laughed

Yn: Fine I'll be there in an hour or so

Dad: Great! bye sweetie

Yn: Bye!

I hung up the phone and kept walking, after crossing some streets, walked past some parks and a dog almost bit me, I arrived Maia's house, I walked to the front door and stared at the big house with yellow walls for a while, I inhaled deeply, reunited all my courage and knocked the white door twice, I could hear some noise inside -which honestly was pretty common since Maia had a big family- after some seconds the door opened, a girl, shorter than me with short wavy brown hair on top of her shoulders, a round nose with freckles and blush on top and round big brown eyes opened the door, she had a tired face on and there were bag under her eyes, she was dressing up with a gray hoodie and blue jeans, she was wearing shoes and her red socks called my attention, I immediately recognized her as Claire, the second daughter of the family and one year younger than Maia, she smiled at me.