Chapter 19: The Wandering Samurai

3rd POV

Yap: Indeed I am. I shall take my leave now then.

Heading back to Liyue Harbor, Yap and Zhongli went their own ways but the latter told the former to meet him at Thrid Round Knockout later for some drinks.

Yap: Alright.

Heading to the port, Yap found a white haired man with a hint of red streak in it.

Yap: [He looks interesting... who's that actually?] (Goes over to him)

???: (Looks to Yap) You carry the smell of.. stars. And also the smell of snow and frost. Are you perhaps.. A Vision Bearer?

Yap: I am one indeed. And you're..?

Kazuha: "Come driving rain or winds that churn, I shall return, by blade alone, armed, if barefoot, to my home..." I am Kaedehara Kazuha, a wanderer who roams the land.

Yap: You sound like a poet. Are you a native of Liyue?

Kazuha: No. I'm from Inazuma. The Vision Hunt Decree may be over but the Sakoku Decree isn't just yet.

Yap: (takes a seat beside Kazuha) Vision Hunt and Sakoku Decree?

Kazuha: Yes. The Vision Hunt Decree, as you would guess, is to hunt down any Vision Bearers. The Sakoku Decree meanwhile is to prevent anyone from entering or leaving Inazuma.

Yap: Then..

Kazuha: Captain Beidou was the one who snuck me out of Inazuma. She and the Crux Fleet are quite well known in Liyue.

Yap: As I am from Mondstadt, I'm sorry to say that I do not know who that is.. what more I'm an Outlander too..

Kazuha: That's why I said earlier you have the scent of stars on you.. since you've the scent of snow and frost, are you a Cryo Vision Bearer? And that scent of snow and frost I mentioned earlier.. is someone that also wields a Cryo Vision has close relations with you? 

Yap: [Is he talking about.. Eula? I suppose we're rather close. She's saved my life once. But all I've done is only taking her out for a date. Even so.. it got ruined pretty badly.] I suppose you could say that, yes. Though once I return back to Mondstadt, I'll have to spend some more time with her. She's.. bound to be rather lonely after all..

Kazuha: [A 'she'? Perhaps whoever this lady is, she's rather lucky to have someone that thinks about her even though they're far apart.]

Tempest who was sitting on Yap's head, looked down to see if he was doing alright after jumping off his head and slowly floating down to his lap.

Kazuha: This slime companion of yours seems rather tame compared to the ones out in the wild. If you don't mind, can I pet it?

Yap: Oh, sure! I don't particularly mind.

Kazuha then went ahead and petted Tempest who seems rather content with it.

Yap: [Once.. once the opportunity arises, I'll be sure to take Eula here. And to Inazuma too. If I can enter Inazuma first, that is.]

Both of the males didn't say anything as Kazuha petted Tempest and Yap looking out to the sea.

Yap: [My origins... Does it matter?] .... [I guess not for now.] Kazuha.

Kazuha: Yes?

Yap: If you don't mind me asking.. Who is the Archon of Inazuma? Like how Mondstadt has Barbatos and Liyue Rex Lapis.

Kazuha: Ah. That would be the Raiden Shogun. Her ideals are "Eternity". Where everything remains constant over time. 

Yap: [Eternity.. An ideal that sounds good in theory. Perhaps best experienced when you have loved ones or those that are close to you remain by your side, then that is the Eternity one should look for. But since we haven't arrived at Inazuma yet, it remains up for debate as why would the Raiden Shogun would pursue Eternity as her concept for her nation. I should ask Zhongli about this later. He might have an idea or two..]