Chapter 33: News From Friends Afar

3rd POV

After... some private time spent together with Eula, both Yap and her were given a few days off duty. During those few days off, both Yap and Eula received a letter.

Yap: [A letter..? Who would send this?] (Sees that the letter is from Liyue) Hmm... (Opens the letter and reads it)

Letter: I hope this letter finds you well, friend. Merchants in Liyue have all been getting riled up. This is to be expected as the Jade Chamber is currently being rebuilt. Yes, you've read that right, my friend. Rebuilt. It was once destroyed in a fight against Osial, Overlord of the Vortex. Perhaps you may still remember the last conversation we had before you depart for Mondstadt was telling me that Beisht will be resurfacing quite soon enough. But enough about that for now. The main purpose of this letter is to invite you to one of Liyue's Lantern Rite. With some help and connections, it is said that this year's Lantern Rite will have a fireworks show as well. Nearly all of them are custom made, I've been told. I'll be awaiting your arrival in Liyue Harbor, Yap. And do feel free to bring any companions with you as well. Director Hu has been pestering me for some time now as she wishes to see your companions that you may bring. Until then, I will be waiting at Liyue Harbor, friend. -Zhongli, Wangsheng Funeral Parlor.

Yap: Hmm. [So it was Zhongli after all.. Heh.] (Puts back the letter) [I assume I may have to join in the fight against Beisht if.. she actually resurfaces. Anywho, I'll go tell Eula I'll be taking her to this year's Lantern Rite in Liyue.]

Timeskip

Yap: Eula.

Eula: Yes?

Yap: Would you like to visit this year's Lantern Rite with me in Liyue?

Eula: [Is he... asking me out on a date again? YES!] Are you sure it won't be too much of a bother to you?

Yap: (shakes his head) Of course not.

Eula: I... just don't want it to happen like last time..

Yap: [Ah. She meant that huh..] Well, I can't promise that. [Though. Those were normal Treasure Hoarders. I may be going up against a literal sea monster this time though. Then again.. I DID spar against Ei, a literal Archon soo... I think I can manage this?] But I'll do my best to make it an experience we both will remember in our hearts and minds.

Eula: ... Alright. You better hold true to your words or else..

Yap: Or you will have your vengeance for that. I get it.

Eula: Finishing my sentence without even allowing me to do so first. A transgression to remember.

Yap: (chuckles) Alright alright. Anyway, let's rest while we still can. 

Eula: (blushes from the thought) T-that's right. 

Heading to Good Hunter's, they grabbed a meal there. While there, they discussed about when they should start leaving for Liyue.

Yap: The sooner the better. Though depart too early and we might end up wondering what the hell we're doing there.

Eula: It shouldn't be anything too bad. Besides, I've a friend there I'd like to meet too..

Yap: Hm. I'll be working a little overtime for about 3 days or so to make up for the lost time I'll most likely be there with you. Or perhaps even longer. (softly sighs) Well, I'm going to inform Jean of my plan. You coming along?

Eula: You go on ahead first. I'll catch up soon. 

Yap: Alright then.

Heading inside the Knights HQ and informing Jean that he'll be working overtime for the Knights for a few days, Jean quickly deduced that Yap will soon be off again.