Chapter 77: Knights Tryout

3rd POV

Yap: (Smiling) You never cease to bring warmth to my cold world, Eula.

Eula: (Satisfied sigh) Likewise, Yap. Your presence is a comfort that rivals the softest warmth.

Wrapped in a quiet, shared moment, the Blizzardfrost Knight and the Spindrift Knight find solace in each other's company.

The tryout for the Knights soon arrives a few weeks later. From obstacle courses to memorizing the Knights of Favonius' handbook, live combat testing, and strategic problem-solving challenges, the tryouts for the Knights of Favonius were comprehensive and rigorous. As one of the evaluators, Yap observed each candidate closely, assessing not only their physical prowess but also their problem-solving skills, adaptability, and teamwork abilities.

Yap: (Whistles) Quite the variety we've here. Wouldn't you say so, Kaeya?

Kaeya: Indeed. Once again, it seems that Noelle is among the candidates for trying out.

Yap: I've wondered. She is definitely more than capable enough. Why not just make her an official knight?

Kaeya: Well.. you know how she's like, right? She likes helping others, that's a good thing. But she overdoes it.

Yap: In that case.. how about this. She will be under my command.

Kaeya: Oh? I mean, I'm definitely not against that. But what about Grandmaster Jean and the rest?

Yap: I'll discuss with them. Surely we'll be able to reach an agreement of sorts.

Kaeya: Best of luck then.

The calvary captain then takes out a piece of paper.

Kaeya: Seems like you're the one doing the briefing, Yap. I'll leave the candidates in your capable hands.

Yap: Heh. And don't go pulling strings behind the scenes now, Kaeya.

Kaeya: (Chuckles) I won't. Promise.

Yap stood at the forefront of the training ground, a sense of purpose emanating from his stance as he prepared to address the candidates for the Knights of Favonius tryouts. As the candidates gathered before him, he scanned the crowd, noting the varying expressions of determination, nervousness, and anticipation among them.

Yap: (Clearing his throat) Good morning, everyone. I'm sure you're all aware of why you're here today. The tryouts for the Knights of Favonius are not only a test of your physical abilities but also a demonstration of your character, integrity, and readiness to serve Mondstadt.

He paused, allowing his words to sink in before continuing.

Yap: Throughout today's trials, you'll be evaluated on various tasks, from obstacle courses to live combat scenarios and strategic problem-solving challenges. Each of these tests is designed to assess your suitability for joining our esteemed ranks.

He glanced around, meeting the gaze of each candidate to emphasize the gravity of the situation.

Yap: Remember, being a knight is more than just wielding a sword or using the elements. It's about serving the people of Mondstadt with honor, courage, and dedication. It's about standing up for justice, protecting the innocent, and defending our home against any threat that may arise.

His tone was firm but not unkind, conveying a sense of respect for the candidates and the challenges they would face.

Yap: So, with that said, give it your all today. Show us what you're made of, and prove that you have what it takes to uphold the values of the Knights of Favonius. Mondstadt is counting on you. Now, let's begin.