Chapter 74: Fate of Kaedehara

3rd POV

Yap: Let's head back. I think we'll still be in time for dinner.

Eula: (Nods) Alright then.

As Yap and Eula decided to make their way back, the lantern in Yap's hand continued to cast its warm glow, creating a serene atmosphere around them. The festival lights began to twinkle in the fading daylight, adding to the enchantment of the Irodori Festival.

Yap: Who knows, maybe the tales of the "Frostborne Winter Knight" will become bedtime stories for children in Mondstadt.

Eula: Never took you as the type to look after children.

Yap: Well.. the Knights of Favonius has Klee, no? But honestly speaking, I guess I'm fine with them? As long as they don't cause too much trouble, that is.

Eula chuckled at Yap's response, the lantern still gently swinging in his hand as they walked.

Eula: You do have a point. Dealing with children can be quite a handful, but I suppose it's a different kind of adventure.

Yap: True, true. Besides, children seem to have a way of finding joy in the simplest things. It's a refreshing perspective.

As they continued their journey back to the Kamisato Estate, the night enveloped the festival grounds in a serene ambiance. The lantern's glow remained a steady beacon, guiding them through the quiet streets of Inazuma.

Eula: (looking up at the stars) Speaking of stories, have you ever looked at the stars and imagined tales of your own?

Yap: Hmm... Maybe? Though constellations are a group of stars formed in a pattern-like style.... (gently smiles) The image they can form is while subjective to our own interpretation.. They can tell a tale of their own, don't they?

Eula: That's.. true, I suppose.

Yap: Anyway, let's just head back.

Reaching the Kamisato Estate, the Cryo pair were greeted by the estate guards, and shortly after, Thoma, Ayaka and Ayato.

Ayato: I see you brought a souvenir. How much did you pay for it?

Yap: 500 to 750 Mora, give or take. Still. (Raises the lantern a little) I daresay I got quite a good offer.

Ayato: (Examining the lantern) Indeed. Oh, I've heard from Ayaka that you seem to be enjoying the festivities rather well.

Yap: And she's not lying on that one.

Ayaka: I'm glad you both enjoyed the festival. It warms my heart to see guests appreciating the beauty of Inazuma.

Yap: (nodding) It's been a wonderful experience. Your efforts, along with Lady Yae and the rest of Yashiro Commission with the festival have truly paid off, Ayaka.

Ayaka: Thank you, Yap. I hope the memories of the Irodori Festival will stay with you.

As they conversed, Thoma, the diligent servant of the Kamisato Clan, joined the group.

Thoma: I trust you had a pleasant time at the festival, Master Yap, Lady Eula?

Yap: (Nods) Yeap. Though, once I have some time, I'll be meeting with Lady Yae.

Thoma: Oh? What for?

Yap: About some small matter, that's all.

Thoma raised an eyebrow, his curiosity piqued by Yap's mention of meeting with Yae Miko.

Thoma: Lady Yae? If I may ask, what matter requires your attention with her?

Yap: (smirking) Just some thoughts on the festival and its, let's say, pricing strategies. I believe a candid conversation is in order.