Chapter 64: Fortune Slip

Author: To those who read both my works, prove me wrong in this meme I made. Yes, it's quite shitty lol.

3rd POV

Yap: Understandable, Ayato. Have a nice day.

Just as Ayato leaves them behind, Yap goes back to the courtyard, but not picking up a training sword. Instead, he only chose to sit, gazing at the skies. A certified no thoughts, head empty moment.

As he was gazing out to the skies, Yap couldn't help but wonder a little about his journey in Teyvat so far.

Yap: [Funnily, or rather, ironic enough, Dragonspine has given me the most memories. Of course, there are others as well. Like Mondstadt, Liyue, Inazuma.. But Dragonspine is one I feel most familiar with. I wonder if.. that place has something to do with me?]

It lasted for a few moments before he shook his head and focused on other things instead. As he got up, Ayaka called out to him. 

Ayaka: Yap, if you don't mind, could we spar a little? I understand you may be a little tired from your spar with brother earlier, so if you want to rest, do go ahead first.

Yap: (intrigued) Oh? The lady of the clan herself is asking me for a spar? Well... I suppose I can't really turn that invitation down now, can I?

Ayaka: O-oh. I- I'm not really in a rush to see it for myself, rather experiencing your fighting style first hand.

Just behind Ayaka, Yap swore he saw Eula pouting half jealously and half... killing intent?

Yap: (sweatdrops a little) [Well... It's only a friendly spar.] Hmm... Alright then. In about half an hour's time, what do you say, Miss Kamisato?

Ayaka: Half an hour's time you say.. (nods) Alright. I'll meet you here in the courtyard in half an hour's time, then.

Ayaka then leaves with Thoma, now only leaving Yap and Eula alone.

Yap: Well? I noticed you were a little.. jealous earlier?

Eula: (Looks away) Was not.

Yap then decides to tease her a little, gently poking her cheeks.

Yap: Is that so~? Someone sure looked rather jealous to me.

Eula: (Turns back to Yap, pouting and blushing) Fine! I was. (Looks away again) S-sort of..

Yap chuckles in response before patting her.

Yap: You worry a little too much, you know?

Eula: I-it's for your own safety! 

She then starts playing with her fingers.

Eula: That, and.. well, I actually care about you, you know... (blushes)

Yap was caught a little off guard by Eula's response. Giving a small smile and patting her in return, he reassures her.

Yap: Well, thanks a lot for worrying after me, my spindrift. Still, mind if I tell you one thing?

Eula: And that is..?

Yap's face suddenly darkens, making Eula worry what's about to happen next.

Yap: I'm worried about you too, honestly. During my solo trips, I do worry about you, a lot. You keep drinking your sorrows away, thinking it'll help. (gently grabs her shoulders) I know it can be quite tough at times, Eula, but don't keep drinking your sorrows away too often when I'm not around, okay? 

Eula: O-okay...

Yap and Eula then chatted for about 15 minutes or so, before an estate servant served them both refreshments, to which the both of them thanked the servant. After another 10 minutes of more chatting, which was about the upcoming festival. While preparing for the spar later, Eula suddenly asked if she could join as well.