Chapter 75: Irodori's End

3rd POV

Yap: (nodding) Good. A moment of respite can do wonders. Now, I'll join the others in uncovering the secrets hidden within these documents. Until our paths cross again, Ayato.

By the time Yap came back, the group had dispersed.

Yap: [Now isn't that exciting.]

???: My my, left all alone? Such a poor thing.

Yap: Miko. Finally. Saves me some time looking for you.

Yae Miko: Oh? What is it that you want to speak with me about?

Yap: Regarding the price of the books everyone's selling. Some of these titles are longer than the books themselves. And, charging by the word.

Yae Miko: Oh, is it now?

Yap: If you were to actually look at it for yourself, yes, that is indeed the case, Yae Miko.

Yae Miko: (laughs) My, my, you certainly have a sharp eye for details. I suppose I should have a word with the festival organizers about the pricing strategy. Maybe we can introduce a "per-word" discount for our enthusiastic readers.

Yap: (smirking) That would certainly make the festival more budget-friendly. But on a more serious note, there's something else I'd like to discuss.

Yae Miko: (curious) Oh? Do tell.

Yap: Perhaps you might be aware of a certain "Kunikuzushi?"

Yae Miko: And what about it?

Yap: Merely curious. I trust he's no longer in Inazuma, yes?

Yae Miko: Hard to say, that's for sure. Even he is still here... My guess would be your little treasure hunting you all have been partaking in.

Yap: I had a hunch you and Ayato played a part in this. And a large part too, at least.

Yae Miko: (Giggles) So you did find out the truth. 

Yap: (Lets out a small sigh) Knowing you? It's obvious.

Yae Miko: And if you would, my "Winter Knight", do tell me what gave it away?

Yap: The Shuumatsuban keeping an eye on our investigations, the subtle hints dropped during conversations, and including the whole "Leave strips of paper but write a short poem on it" only screams both of you. He is capable of doing things behind the scenes with his Shuumatsuban, and you, I know full well you wouldn't pass up this opportunity, Miko.

Yae Miko: Alright, I admit defeat. What you said is indeed true.

Yap: (Slightly surprised) Oh? Not going to try fight back?

Yae Miko: (laughs) I appreciate a keen observer. Besides, there's little point in denying what's already evident. You've proven yourself to be quite perceptive.

Yap: (smirking) Well, it's not every day I get to navigate through the schemes of the Lady Guuji of Grand Narukami Shrine and the head of the Yashiro Commission.

Yae Miko: (grinning) And yet, here we are. It seems our paths are intertwined, whether by fate or circumstance.

Yap: (Nods) Indeed.

The festival idly goes by as the Guuji of Grand Narukami Shrine and the Blizzardfrost said nothing for a while, both of them only moving to a stall and ordering some food.

While waiting for the food to arrive, the latter spoke up to break the silence.

Yap: Miko. Tell me what you would've done in this situation of mine.