Chapter 80: Land of Everwinter

3rd POV

With their conversation concluded, Yap sets about finalizing his preparations for his trip to Snezhnaya.

At the Goth Grand Hotel the following day, Yap hands the letter to the Fatui guard there.

Luke, the guard, checks the letter, before he hesitates and enters the hotel.

Geramov: What's with the ruckus?

Luke: H-here. I can't believe it.. it's not forged either.

Geramov: And who got this letter?

Luke: Y-you're better off seeing who's on our doorstep..

Outside meanwhile, Yap slowly taps his foot on the ground, waiting.

Yap: [The Fatui sure are slow. I expected them to be faster ]

As Yap waits outside the Goth Grand Hotel, the anticipation builds within him, curious about who would emerge from the hotel in response to the letter. Moments later, the doors of the hotel swing open, and Geramov, accompanied by Luke, the Fatui guard, steps out.

Geramov: (Eyeing Yap curiously) Well, this is unexpected. What brings you here?

Yap: I've gotten a letter, well, more like an invitation. And I'm here for a confirmation of it.

Luke: (Glancing at the letter) It's genuine. No forgery.

Geramov's demeanor shifts slightly, his curiosity piqued.

Geramov: Very well, come with us. Let's see what this is about.

With that, Geramov gestures for Yap to follow them back into the hotel, where they would discuss the contents of the letter and any further instructions.

As they return inside the hotel, Geramov wastes no time in getting to the heart of the matter.

Geramov: So, how did a Knight of Favonius like you manage to secure an invitation to Snezhnaya?

Yap: (Nonchalantly) Let's just say I have connections. As for the details, well, that's between me and the sender.

Geramov eyes Yap skeptically, but before he can press further, Yap spots a tray of refreshments nearby and casually helps himself to a drink.

Yap: Don't mind if I do.

Geramov exchanges a glance with Luke, who simply shrugs in response. Clearly, they hadn't expected Yap's relaxed demeanor.

Geramov: (Clearing his throat) Well, regardless of how you obtained the invitation, I'll ensure it reaches the appropriate parties. In the meantime, please make yourself comfortable.

Yap nods, taking a sip of his drink as he settles into one of the plush chairs in the hotel's foyer.

Yap: (Gives a small smirk) Of course. 

Gently swirling a nice glass of grape and apple juice, the Blizzardfrost Knight enjoys his drink seemingly without a care in the world. Minutes later, Geramov returns.

Geramov: .. Follow me.

He follows Geramov into a room with other senior Fatui officers.

Yap follows Geramov into the room, his expression calm and collected despite the presence of the senior Fatui officers. As he enters, he nods politely to those gathered, acknowledging their presence.

Geramov: Here he is, as requested.

The senior officers turn their attention to Yap, their expressions a mix of curiosity and scrutiny.