Chapter 53: A New Inazuma

3rd POV

Yap: (Nods) I know.

A duel with Yap helping Ei against the puppet begins, Inazuman steel clashing against each other, dodging and parrying each other's strikes. Occasionally, Yap and Ei would work together and land a few hits on the puppet.

Of course, the puppet would just recover quickly anyway. 

Even as their duel continues on with no clear winner in sight, time meant nothing. It does not flow in there.

On one hand, to uphold the rules of eternity Ei desired since the loss of Makoto.

On the other, a new Archon who wishes to build Inazuma anew to honor the wishes of her people. Whether from the past or the present. An Inazuma that gives hope to the future generations. Along with the help of a student of hers.

Shogun bot: Not even once you've faltered. And do you leave yourself open on purpose?

Yap: Hard to say. Dancing is about closing the gap between each other and exploit openings, is it not?

Shogun bot: Hm.. (twirls Engulfing Lightning around to block an attack from Ei)

Yap: [One on one sure sounds tempting. But its only her blocking anyway.]

Continuing on with the battle, sparks fly as neither of them gave up.

Timeskip lots of steel vs steel, sparks flying

After an unknown amount of time inside Makoto's consciousness, Aether and Paimon suddenly appeared.

Yap: ...Oh?

Ei: (surprised) How can this be? You have returned... But how were you able to get back in? And... how come you have not changed at all in all these years...

Aether: All these years? ...What?

Yap: Wait. Time passed?

Shogun bot: This is a duel to remember. It is as if we have returned to the moment when the laws of eternity were first established. Your will today is as strong as it was back then. Over countless battles, not once have you lost, and never have you shown the slightest hesitation. Had I made all enemies of eternity stand against you, you still would not have wavered.

Ei: For your firm commitment to enforcing the rules, you have my admiration, too. You bring honor to the title of "Guardian of Eternity."

Shogun bot: Now these two return once more to this space. An inevitability of fate, perhaps. Then let this be our final duel, the conclusion to that which began 500 years ago.

Ei: Final duel? So you're finally willing to... Stand back, Traveler. (Points Musou Isshin in the air)

Aether: Are you going to put an end to all this?

Ei: I'm going to be the start of something new.

Shogun bot: Hmm.

Yap: Well.... Since this IS our final duel, Guardian Of Eternity, I take you won't have a problem with me finally going full all out?

Ei and Shogun bot: [So he was holding back this entire time..?] ?!

Shogun bot: [Much more impressive than I anticipated then. This means he almost never took this fight seriously to begin with.]

Ei: [Holding back this entire time..? Could it be.. he was waiting for this very moment for those words to come out from either our mouths? That the final duel is here?]

Turning into the Baleful Shadowlord form, Yap and Ei prepares to go all out, the puppet now having 2 giant hands and multiple hands, one wielding a very enlarged Musou Isshin.