Chapter 58: Urakusai

Guess which clowned played himself and got Polar Star instead of Kagura's Verity.

Allie: Idiot. (Deadpan)

AAAAAAAAAAAAA-

Anyway. It's fine though. Another addition to my collection. And should I just pull for Tortilla? Or C1 fox waifu?

3rd POV

Yae Miko: The fun's about to begin.

Now pleased with the success of their newest novel sales, Yae Miko leads the group to where the summoning ritual took place.

Paimon: Miko, what is this place?

Yae Miko: The ideal spot for a little meet-and-greet with a certain elusive author. This is the place where we are most likely to succeed in summoning the spirit.

Paimon: Really? But it feels so eerie here...

Yae Miko: Hehe, that seems rather fitting, considering that we are dealing with the spirits of the deceased here. What are you so afraid of, honestly? We're finally about to meet the true author of "A Firsthand Guide to Summoning Spirits." Aren't you excited?

Paimon: Paimon's heart is pounding, but Paimon's pretty sure it's not because of excitement!

Yap: [True author? Oh boy.]

Yae Miko: (giggles) Come on, in we go.

Paimon: Hey! Wait up! (whimpers) Paimon's scared... Traveler, stay close by, okay? Don't leave Paimon all alone...

Yap: (Motions to Eula) Come on. Don't worry, I'm here should anything happen. I trust it shouldn't bother you too much?

Eula: ..I suppose so.

As Yae Miko already went in, Yap and Eula followed suit after her, leaving Aether and Paimon last.

Going down the stairs and turning right, they soon come face to face with a painting.

Paimon: What a weird painting... Miko, do you know what it's supposed to show?

Yae Miko: Hmm... Probably a scene from ancient Inazuma.

Paimon: It's a good piece of artwork and all, but it's also kinda eerie... so it's a bit scary. Hmm... Looks like the artist signed their name... Umm... "Rakusai"? Hmm, it's not very clear.

Yae Miko: Let's go inside and take a look.

Heading deeper in, they find a Cankered Flame Ochimusha, a Nobushi Jintouban and Kikouban each.

Yap: I'll deal with this. You all go on ahead.

They nod, leaving Yap to deal with the sword wielders while the rest continue.

After dealing with those sword wielders, the group finds a room with a large mirror.

Paimon: Wow, this place is huge! Hey, is that... a mirror? There's a really weird-looking stool as well. Wonder what it's for?

Yae Miko: Ah, I see. Heh, this setup is quite handy. Saves me a lot of work. Alright, go and take a look around. There should be a mechanism somewhere that makes the whole room move.

After some exploring and fucking around to find out, they eventually got the mechanisms and activate it with Electro.

The painting they saw earlier turned around, along with the whole wall.

Paimon: Whoa, it's that painting we just saw! It's turning this way, along with the whole wall! It's getting eerier and scarier! Wh—What is this place!?

Yae Miko: Okay. Next, I will show you a secret kitsune spell. This painting is a "swift summoning medium," which means I'll be able to skip many of the more tedious steps. The murky mirror reflects the view of Inazuma in a bygone age. Spirits stirred by the sight of the past will be easily drawn to it. You're up next, little one. Come on, sit yourself down here. (Motions to the stool)