Chapter Twenty Four

(A/N: I've started writing a new story. It's called Deep, Cold, Blue. I'm posting the first chapter later, and I'm really proud of the first part. So just putting that out there. (It's way better than this) (not really it's terrible also) (only because I wrote it) (the concept is great) it all depends on your perspective I suppose) (also: the song in the middle is real. And it's hilarious. Look it up,)

Harry's POV:
Louis screamed.

Attempting to sit up, I was forced back down by the ever-present memory of the cat attack.

"What? What's wrong?" I turned to where he was sitting up, we had been sleeping in the same bed lately.

"it was real!" He brought his face out of his hands, "It was mother fucking real!"

"Lou? What's wrong?" I pulled his hands into mine, he sat across from me, a tear slipping out of his eye. It broke my heart to see him like this.

"It was real" his voice cracked. I pulled him to me and wrapped my arms around him. The short sobs leaving his body made me want to breakdown myself.

That wouldn't happen. I need to control myself. I haven't broken down ever since I found out what I had done by signing that contract.

Louis stopped his sobbing and looked up at me, "what was I crying about?" He shook his head.

I widened my eyes and held him at arms length. What is wrong with him? "Louis, you didn't tell me what was wrong, are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." He looked around, bringing a hand up to wipe his cheeks. "I'm just confused I suppose,"

"Alright," I answered cautiously and laid back down gently. That was... Strange.

I'm not going to be able to go back to sleep. Not tonight. What if Louis has another issue? I want to be there for him when he wakes up.

He's been having weird dreams lately. He thinks I don't know, but I do. The first was one night I was listening to Lou's breathing (in a non-creepy way)about to go to sleep. He woke up and started pulling at his hair. If I wouldn't have stopped him, I think he may have just pulled it out if his scalp.

When Louis wakes up, we'll try to climb back into the bigger building to attempt to make some sort of contact again.

We need to get out of this place. I need proper medical help and Louis just needs to get out of here. I think it's driving him mad. He has been off lately.

••••

I had fallen back asleep. Louis had woken me up. He already had the top hatch open, letting sunlight stream into the room.

It was a lovely sight to wake up to, Louis' face. He had seemingly forgot about the incident from last night ad was back to his (un)usual self.

"What are we going to do today?" He asked as he grabbed my arm to help me up onto the roof.

"I was thinking we'd go back to the big one and see what we can salvage?" Once standing I gauged the distance between me and the ground, "Maybe there is a functioning phone or something?" He nodded briefly and jumped down, me following soon after.

"What was wrong this last night?"

"You mean this morning." He diverted.

"uhm, yes, but what happened?" I attempted to steer him back to the topic, but Louis wouldn't let me.

"Nothing," he didn't sound sure if even himself.

"Louis seriously what happened?" I grabbed his arm and turned him around.

"I don't remember Harry!" He yelled once we were face to face. "I can't remember! it's not there!"

I flinched at his out outbreak, but took him into my arms, "what do you mean you don't remember?"

"There's just nothing. This morning it just felt like I had been thrown to a different place in time. I didn't remember anything," his muffled voice came from my chest. "It's scary."

"If you remember will you tell me?"

He nodded and I released him, "Let's go to the building,"

••••

"Look Harry!" Louis called from the other side of the room. We had been searching for over an hour, we hang found anything.

At Lou's voice I nearly sprinted to where he was sat in front of a computer screen. "Look," he smiled up at me. I took in the contents of the screen. It was a playlist. It was an iTunes account. What the fuck?

"Lou, how is this helpful at all?"

"Listen," he giggled and clicked on a song, 'Do My Dance' by Tyga. Great.

"Fuck this pussy boy, fuck it," the son started, Louis laughed at my face. I wanted to laugh myself but, oh my god what the actual fuck.

Stopping the music I turned to Louis, "Stop this trash, c'mon Lou,"

"Fine, fine. But take a break from looking and dance with me," he started a new song, one I recognized as Life of the Party by Shawn Mendez.

I rolled my eyes (as if I didn't want to) and grabbed his hand as he stood. He pulled me to him with surprising confidence and started to lead.

"You're to short to be the guy," I joked and wrapped my arms around his neck, accepting the fact that I had become the girl.

"You're to feminine to be the guy," he joked back, this I agreed with him on. Not a lot, but sometimes I can act pretty girl-ish. I have never seen Louis act like a girl. He's always so, so... I don't know. Sure of himself?

Whatever it is, it's an attractive quality.

We turned in circles around the vast open space of the room, weaving in and out of the rows of computers. Surprisingly, it wasn't awkward. At all. It was nice. I felt, for only a moment, that we were a normal couple just dancing I'm our living room.

We don't have the time to be sorry, so baby be the life of the party.

(A/N: I HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO CLUE WHAT I WAS DOING WITH THIS CHAPTER OMFG. it seemed to rushed soooooo I backed shit up a bit. I started writing and got to about 600 words but I had to start over because the plot hadn't developed enough. Sorry LOUIS DREAMED THE ENTIRE OTHER SCENERIO JUST IN CASE I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT EARLIER. IT WASNT REAL, ZAYN DIDNT COME)