Chapter Twenty-Five

(A/N: I'm not in a very 'writing' type of mood, so this could take a while to write. I'm sorry)

Louis' POV:

Another 'unsuccessful' day. I put quotations around unsuccessful because it all depends on your point of view. For me, today was very successful. Harry and I slow danced for three songs after that one. this is so cheesy, but it was perfection. He really should have led, him being taller and all, but he seemed to enjoy being the girl. I wonder if he tops or of he bott- no. Don't go there Lou.

"Maybe tomorrow we will find another way to communicate. I'm starting to worry that out message didn't go through," Harry rambled.

I should do it.

"If I could wire the computers correctly, maybe we could hack the passwords put in place, we could connect to the internet,"

I really want to do it.

"The computers themselves don't have passwords, I just need to figure out the firewall code that's preventing us from connecting to the internet."

Would it be weird?

"I'm just worried that maybe putting in the code or the wrong code would send a silent alarm to Liam."

It was alright last time.

"So, I was thinking about taking the computer parts and rebuilding one, like of our own." Harry never shuts up.

If he isn't okay with it, oh well. I'll be dead in a month anyways.

Harry had finally stopped talking about computers and what we would do tomorrow. "Lou are you even listening?"

Lou.

I hadn't even noticed he started calling me by a nickname.

"Seriously Louis you're freaking me out," he looked at my face, "are you having, like, an episode or something?"

I'm going to do it.

I closed the small distance between me and Harry, taking his face in my hands and crashing my lips to his. He made a small squeak of surprise before reacting. His lips moved against mine, this time I still wasn't sure if we were both in our right minds. Am I going crazy? Probably.

Harry repositioned his hand to the base of my neck, leaning my head more as to get a better angle. The kiss was short, Harry the first to pull away. He opened his mouth as if he were going to speak, but no words came out.

"I hadn't realized how much I wanted that," he spoke after a short silence. I began to smile at his statement, only to be cut off with the reconnection of our lips, this time initiated by Harry.

I gladly accepted the gesture and reacted by stepping closer to him. Harry wrapped his arms around my shoulders, an invitation for me to wrap mine around his waist. Harry pulled me impossibly closer,detaching from my lips and placing a short kiss at the base of my jaw and pulled away.

"Alright?" He asked after he had stepped away slightly.

"Alright." I nodded quietly. Harry chuckled and slid his hands down my arms before separating his body from mine completely. I wanted to walk over and touch him in some way, it was almost as if he were magnetic now. Hopefully the effect will wear off in a moment, I don't think id be able to fight it for very long.

"We can come back tomorrow and keep looking," he jumped off the roof, "I, uh, I can wire the computers, like I said,".

"Alright," I said softly and followed after him. We walked to the room in a surprisingly comfortable silence. Well comfortable for the situation. It seemed that Harry wanted to say something, but there were no words.

I wanted to say things too, I wanted to talk about how insane everything was, about how if I would have killed him when I wanted to, I would have never met the amazing person I kissed today.

I wish I could stop naive seventeen year old Harry, meet him there in that club before he had the chance to talk with Liam.

At that point I would have only been nineteen, only just beginning my own training. I would have been able to drop out of the force and me and Harry could have a life together.

Wishful thinking is irrelevant because right now, that's what matters. This terrible, absolutely horrible situation: the ugly scar of a misguiding Liam. When Harry met him, he was looking for a job to help support his family and go to university on.

••••

"Have you watched any movies recently?" Harry asked me the next morning when I woke up next to him.

"No, I've been here for I don't even know how long,"

"Oh,"

"Oh?"

Harry just smiled at my question, not offering an answer.

"What?" I smiled back.

"Nothing," the grin took over his features and he let out a small laugh.

"Seriously what?"

"It's just that things aren't weird, like I thought they would be,"

"Do you want things to be weird?" It almost seemed as if he did. I hoped he didn't. I wanted to kiss him again.

"No! Not at all," he leaned back, "it's just surprising is all."

"You're a strange duck," I laughed and rolled over. Nearly on top of Harry.

"You are strange as well." He retorted, rolling into a little ball at my side.

At this point, I realised we had fallen asleep together. What an obvious revelation, but it dawned on me how much things had changed. Harry acted like a child more than an adult ever since the attack. He can't move around as often now and I suppose he gets out the extra energy by acting like a child.

"What do you want to do today?" I asked him, standing up from where we were laying. Harry pulled the covers over him at the loss of additional body heat. He's so cute.

"I want to fuck, but that's my own issue," Harry stated and stood on the bed to lift himself out of the ceiling.

"What?" I turned to face him.

"What? he replied in a mocking tone as he pulled himself completely out of the room.

(OKAY ALRIGHTY. I AM REALLY HUNG THE FUCK OVER RN, BUT I UPDATED BC IT'S BEEN LIKE, A MONTH AND I WANTED TO GET THIS POSTED. sorry ANOUT MISTAKES, LIKE I SAID: i'M HUNGOVER AND ITS ALSO 4am.)