||Chapter 21!!||

~Previously in Dead Last Chapter 20~

Basically Y/n and her classmates studied their asses off for their upcomming second term finals. On the day of testing, they see that some of the main campus classes are completely brainwashed with bloodlust in order to 'kill E Class' on the tests. They start testing, and Y/n was confident in English. Social studies was okay for her, same with science. Japanese was also okay too. Math, she wanted to quit, but she didn't and pushed through it until the last question...She knew she wasn't going to get the last question right. So yea...basically it was filler chapter...

||Karma's P.o.v||

"What was it Nagisa always used to say?" I thought instead of focusing on my test.

'Aw...How can two fellow humans have such a gap between them?'

That's easy for him to say. If he'd ask me, I'm not sure which of us is the real genius here. What we call "talent" is the part of us that other can't see. Like Sugino, who can slide right in with people. Like Okuda, who can totally lose herself in something she loves. Like Tersaka, who can act without giving it a single thought. Even Y/n has something special to her, her dedication towards everything she does...her dedication towards the person she likes...

From where I stand, those are all talents. Everyone has this talented domain that I can't see, so in that sense, we're all the same. The issues here...is whether I can see this problem with my own talent. 'Oh, man—I definitely don't have enough time to be monologuing like this...I've been spending way too much time with Y/n...She's started to rub off on me, her stupidity too...' I thought, looking back down at my test. 'There's no way I should be thinking this hard on the last question...'

My eyes scanned the last question on my page. I read every sentence as carefully as I could over and over again, trying to find something that could help me figure out what to do. That's when a particular phrase in the first line stuck out to me. "Multiple cubes 'a' having sides 1 arranged periodically" it said. My eyes widened, 'Hang on...This doesn't call for any tough math at all!!' I finally figured out. It's separated out into this one little cube, but if this is an atomic crystal, there'll be more of the same structure outside this cube too. Which means...the world doesn't end here! And from where I stand, everyone has their own talent and their own domain, so everyone's the same...All I could see from inside the box was mere fragments of everyone. Just as I claim my own domain, everyone else will claim theirs.

We're all the same size, the same distance apart. If we're all cut from the same box, those eight contiguous boxes can be broken up into the same proportion, so each person's fragment accounts for one-eighth. The box holds a whole me and one-eight each from eight people's fragments. In other words, inside this cube the ratio of me to the other eight has got to be 1 to 1. And if it's 1 to 1 inside the box, the volume of the domain I can claim is up to half the cube!

"Well, geez...This is primary school stuff." I muttered as I began writing out the equation.

The answer was obviously a^3/2. There was no need for drawn-out calculations or complex diagrams if you just tweak to the fact that there's a world outside yourself...

Finally...exams are over...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bye this was such a bitch to read and write😭😭 Like, wtf is Karma even saying😭😭 But anyways, you know I had to start you all of light before I get devious😈

Anyways, as for the posting schedule, as you've probably noticed by now, I go on long hiatus pretty damn often💀💀 Because of this, I can't promise that I'll post every weekend like I used to. So instead, when I come off my hiatus' I'm just going to post as many chapters so that at least you'll get as much juicy story as possible before I disappear again. So yea, see you in the next chapter!!