||Chapter 51!!||

||Kayano's P.o.v||

"He doesn't have a great self image. Can't imagine being liked by the opposite sex, right N/n-chan?" Rio asked as well all stood behind the back of the school.

Y/n nodded, "Mhm!! Based on personal experience, because of his less than stellar self image, Nagisa is often dense when it comes to girl's affections towards him. The best course of action for him is to just be as straightforward as possible with him so he gets the message." She explained.

I was awe stricken. I thought that I was going to have to compete for Nagisa's attention against Y/n, but instead she was helping me!! Even better, she and Nagisa dated so she could give me solid advice. I'm not going to lie, when Karma and Rio told me Y/n was going to help me 'get with Nagisa' I was nervous that she would resent me again, but she seemed genuinely unphased and her advice actually seemed helpful, although I'm not sure I'm confident enough to just outright profess my feelings to Nagisa like she did.

"Yea. That's why he's afraid— he thinks he did something bad to you."

"Which he did because he had a girlfriend and he kissed you without your consent in front of the whole class—"

"Shush Y/n..." Karma warned her.

Y/n rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Hey man, all I'm saying is that in technicalities it was wrong, but also technically, if you didn't mind, then all that technically cancels all that out. So you have to convey that, basically..."

"Exactly." Karma agreed, "If you don't set him straight, he may never understand."

I felt myself blush, "I mean...I've acted love tons of times and studied it and stuff, but I have no real-life experience liking experience!" I told them.

"And that's why Y/n's here! To give you that one on one, first experience insight! She's been in love with so many classmates over the years it's honestly sad how she's still single!!" Karma said, patting his hand on her head harshly.

"Shut up!! I just have a very unlucky streak when it comes to guy!! And why are you instantly acting like your old self the moment I come back to this school!!" She barked.

I let out a chuckle at the two's interaction before I looked down at the ground,

"So then, what exactly do I do? Like, what expression should I make when I give him the chocolates?"

"Well, let's do some recon." Karma said, "Just a little covert training."

Throughout the day we watched various girls give boy's chocolate, each of them having their own ways of acting while giving and receiving their gifts. The last interaction between two students, Isogai and Kataoka really struck a cord with me.

Kataoka handed Isogai a big gift bag of super high value commercial chocolate to Isogai outside.

Isogai gasped in amazement,

"All this—for me? Are you sure?" He exclaimed.

"Share with your brother and sister. It's bulk commercial stuff from an ultra cheap supermarket. Took me 4 hours to bike there and back." She told him.

"Before the entrance exams? Are you gonna be okay?" He asked Kataoka who was already walking away.

"No sweat. Me and my first choice, we've still got a day before exams."

"Huh?" He said.

Kataoka looked back at him with a smile, "I'm going to state school. The same one as you." She said.

"You are? I hope we both get in."

"Yea."

"See." Rio said as the four of us stood in trees above them, "Everyone has their own whys and hows for this."

"Shouldn't you just say what you want to say in your own way?" Karma asked.

Y/n took a few seconds to give advice on account of her crying, probably due to the cute display we just saw, but she two gave me the thumbs up,

"Y-yea!! Just be yourself!! Nagisa's gonna love youuuuu!!" She sobbed.

I nodded, "Yeah. Thanks, you three." I said.

"Now, the problem here...is how infuriating it is to be watched by a gossipy octopus..."

I looked over at some trees some ways away from us and there was Koro Sensei watching the whole ordeal with an expensive looking Canon camera.

"Leave that to me." Karma told us, "Kayano, did you bring the you know what?"

"Huh? Oh, uh-huh." I nodded.

"That ought to lock down Koro Sensei for us. Go throw yourself into giving away that chocolate."

I nodded at his words. I was gonna do it...

||Y/n's P.o.v||

I'm not gonna lie I was a bit taken a back when Karma asked me to help him and Rio help Kayano get with Nagisa, given our history, but I was glad they trusted me enough to help. I really did want Kayano to shoot her shot with Nagisa, even if I did hate to admit I was a bit jealous. I can't deny my feelings for him, but I can hide them. I honestly think that it would be best for us to part ways, and so that's why when  we got down from our last hiding spots, and Kayano began walking to confess to Nagisa, I pulled out my own box of chocolates from out of my coat pocket.

"Here Karma, these are for you." I said to him.

He looked at me confused and cocked his head to the side, "Huh?" He asked, not really getting what I was saying. This made me a bit flustered seeing as how I don't like to repeat myself. Still I did,

"Here you idiot!! Just take the damn shit before I change my mind!!" I shouted at him.

Although shocked, he took the box from me. When he looked down at it, his eyes widened.

"Is this poisoned or something??" He asked me.

Now he'd done it, he pissed me off. "No you fucking idiot! It's just a regular box of chocolates!! I'm just tryna show my appreciation towards you as a friend!!"

"Even after you—"

"Look, I don't care about any of that anymore! I know you too! I know—I know that you didn't actually mean what you said, even if you don't want to admit that out loud! So think of this a thank you gift and a I'm sorry I slapped you gift! I've had a lot of fun with you this year!! And I'm glad we've gotten so close!!" I hissed right before I stormed off.

As I was walking away, my face was burning. I can't believe I just admitted all of that to him!! I obviously didn't stick around for his reaction. My next target was going to be my bestie Itona!! I didn't have any time to waste!! I needed to catch him before he went home.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------